• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Bond XXIV: SPECTRE - "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Bond."

235 posts in this topic

Looks like a kid...

Really? He's 44 which doesn't make sense since the complaint was Craig is getting too old and he's 47.

I love Lewis in Band of Brothers and he was solid in Homeland, but I couldn't see him as Bond. I'd rather have Elba- who is also 42...

Actually wouldn't be a bad choice. He's 44 years old but looks younger. I've only heard him speaking with an American accent but I'm sure he can voice a proper Bond. Best darken that hair up a bit though.

I'm missing something in Craig's portrayal of Bond that doesn't seem to bother anyone else. I'm not seeing any of Connery's subtlety: his charm, his playfulness, and his humor, that added facets to the character's personality. Craig just looks like a stonefaced thug to me.

He's not Connery...and he seems much smaller than 5'10" in person. We saw him filming one of the movies when we were in Venice. I'm 5'6" and he didn't appear to be 4 inches taller than me, more like eye level.

I enjoy the movies, but he never seems to be Bond...just some other MI6 guy. Kind of like how I could never see Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

I'm missing something in Craig's portrayal of Bond that doesn't seem to bother anyone else. I'm not seeing any of Connery's subtlety: his charm, his playfulness, and his humor, that added facets to the character's personality. Craig just looks like a stonefaced thug to me.

He's not Connery...and he seems much smaller than 5'10" in person. We saw him filming one of the movies when we were in Venice. I'm 5'6" and he didn't appear to be 4 inches taller than me, more like eye level.

Shoes can do that, or uneven surfaces. Here he is next to the 6' 0" to 6' 1" Harrison Ford looking much bigger than your 5' 6", although I'm sure Ford has shrunk an inch or two in old age. Between them is 5' 7" Olivia Wilde in heels.

daniel-craig2.jpg

Shoes can do that, or uneven surfaces. Here he is next to the 6' 0" to 6' 1" Harrison Ford looking much bigger than your 5' 6", although I'm sure Ford has shrunk an inch or two in old age. Between them is 5' 7" Olivia Wilde in heels.

daniel-craig2.jpg

More like Joan Crawford in heels! :fear:

Just introduced my wife to Bond this weekend (not literally).......she can see no one else but Craig as the character Im a Bond fan from way back A product of Roger Moore but grew to thinking Connery was the best UNTIL Craig. I think they are neck and neck in very different ways. I wanted Brosnan to be the guy (being a huge Remington Steele fan) but I'd have to put him at 4th.

What timing!

Warren Ellis to Write 'James Bond 007' Comic Series

Dynamite proudly announces that fan-favorite author Warren Ellis will be writing the James Bond 007 ongoing comic book series, the first to appear in over two decades. James Bond 007 is scheduled for release in November 2015, featuring interior artwork by Jason Masters (Batman Incorporated, Guardians of the Galaxy).

The news of the high-profile author's involvement with the James Bond 007 series follows Dynamite's announcement of their partnership with Ian Fleming Publications Ltd. (IFPL), the Fleming family company that owns and administers the literary copyright of Ian Fleming's published works, including his fourteen James Bond books. Under their agreement, Dynamite has been granted worldwide rights to publish comic books, digital comics, and graphic novels starring 007.

Mendes Talks SPECTRE And Coming Back A Third Time

"I made the movie I wanted to see for Skyfall and I think I've done the same thing this time for SPECTRE. I hope I've done the same thing this time, although it really is just emerging out of the mists - the way that it does in the editing period. In terms of the story, it's pretty much set out. But as any director will tell you, how you tell the story is everything and the story by itself is not enough. I spend a long, long period with the music for the movie and there will be over 100 minutes of music for this movie. That's a lot of music. There are a lot of visual effects and a lot of sound work. There are any number of ways to mess your film up, even at this late stage, however good the story is. You have to stay completely focused and it is somewhat like rebooting and starting again at this stage. For me, editing is the most pleasurable piece as you've done all the hard work and it's down to the story-telling."

This is sounding like another huge hit for the Bond franchise.

:whee:

The world premiere of Spectre will take place in the UK on October 26th

While those of us wait with bated breath to see Daniel Craig don a tux with a Walther PPK stowed in a holster, lucky audiences across the United Kingdom will get to see the premiere of SPECTRE a week before it debuts anywhere else. For the first time ever, a film will have it's world premiere red carpet event while also debuting in theaters across both England and Ireland. This is a special opportunity for fans to not only see the film before most of the world but also seeing it the same night as it premieres on October 26th.

SPECTRE opens domestically on November 6th.