• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm drooling. . . .

16 posts in this topic

That's kind of what I was thinking - bidding the $75K just to say that I bid on that beautiful book, but if I ever got caught with it, I would never be able to scrounge together that kind of cash.

DAM

forget our personal holy grails....this is THE Holy Grail!

I feel a few tear coming to my eyes as I look at it. Granted, the copy I had was about a VG or VG- (although who knows what it would have slabbed out to) with no restoration. Even though I ultimately sold it for a profit - darn - still wish I had kept it!

you SOLD a copy of Action #1? You dont sell ACTION #1...you keep it and treasure it and forget about food and rent and all that other meaningless crapola! laugh.gif

you SOLD a copy of Action #1? You dont sell ACTION #1...you keep it and treasure it and forget about food and rent and all that other meaningless crapola!

Yeah - I KNOW! I KNOW! mad.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This was back in the 80's. I had the same collector mentality I have now: collect your interest. So ultimately I had this book I KNEW was the most special - read it coutnless times (with no damage!) - but my collecting interests were sufficient to cause me to sell it to further my then-current collection. Which I did and it did. But now? Dagnabbit! Darn! Heck! Shoot! Fudge! You get the idea. frown.gif

what did you get for it? Thats probably why you want to cry now isnt it? A graded universal VG copy of Action #1 would bring in what....60-80 thousand+?? Im sorry dude, I wont rub it in...I feel your pain...... frown.gif

How did you get it? Did you pay a bundle or did gramps drop it in your lap? Hopefully you stored it in Mylar and bowed to it and praised it everyday until (sniff) you SOLD it! frown.gif

How did you get it? Did you pay a bundle or did gramps drop it in your lap? Hopefully you stored it in Mylar and bowed to it and praised it everyday until (sniff) you SOLD it!

I paid 30,000 for it and kept it in mylar with an acid-free alkaline buffered backing board (like all my books) and stored it in the same acid-free box my other books were in. You can read the sordid details here:

Scroll Up A Bit and You Shall Witness My Shame