• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOVED

5 posts in this topic

RAW

I doubt that I have to explain the significance of this anthology series, started in 1980 by Art Spiegelman and Françoise Mouly. Included work by the top underground cartoonists: Gary Panter, Charles Burns, Kim Deitch, Spiegelman, etc.

What I have here is a terrific rarity... an original owner set of RAW #1-4 in top condition.

#1 (July 1980): "The Graphix Magazine of Postponed Suicides"

Includes pasted-on color window on front cover and bound-in "TWO FISTED PAINTERS" comic by Spiegelman. A few very light spine creases and minimal corner wear. VF condition.

IMG_9769_zpsjcgvnsix.jpg

IMG_9770_zpsl9cwg3pg.jpg

#2 (December 1980): "The Graphix Magazine for Damned Intellectuals"

Includes first issue of MAUS: A Survivor's Tale attached to back cover and never removed. Also includes trading cards by Mark Beyer and chewing gum bound-in in original plastic bag, never removed. A few very light spine creases and minimal corner wear. VF condition.

IMG_9771_zpsmpxsnzwx.jpg

IMG_9772_zpsguhgwjwi.jpg

IMG_9773_zpsikeutz3f.jpg

#3 (July 1981): "The Graphix Magazine That Lost Its Faith in Nihilism"

Includes second chapter of MAUS: A Survivor's Tale bound-in at centerfold and never removed.attached to back cover and never removed. A few very light spine creases and minimal corner wear. VF condition.

IMG_9774_zpscx3baqeg.jpg

IMG_9775_zpsc1krepik.jpg

IMG_9776_zpsb5islyxo.jpg

#4 (March 1982): "The Graphix Magazine for Your Bomb Shelter's Coffee Table"

Includes third chapter of MAUS: A Survivor's Tale bound-in, inside rear cover and never removed. Cover is die-cut. Also includes vinyl record "Reagan Speaks For Himself" bound-in centerfold and never removed. A few very light spine creases and minimal corner wear. Has small stain at bottom front cover. VF condition.

IMG_9777_zpsmwv50sse.jpg

IMG_9778_zpsjjh1mdis.jpg

IMG_9779_zpsryfapdfd.jpg

IMG_9780_zps89pvgfkn.jpg

I believe that it would be extremely difficult to put together a similar set of RAW #1-4. These are remarkably well-preserved for 35 year-old oversized books with multiple inserts. All four books are very flat, no tears, no writing, no loose pages.

These books are available as a set: $1000 for all four, postpaid in U.S. Overseas buyers please contact me first. :takeit: trumps PMs.