• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics 453

6 posts in this topic

This one confuses me a bit. There's a hole in the last page before the back cover, and I'm not sure how much to deduct for it. I bought it on eBay a while back to fill a gap in my Detective collection and the seller listed it as VF. I didn't get a chance to read it till the other day, when I noticed the hole...I've never seen one like that before...not sure what caused it.

1%20LR_zpsnnt4obdi.jpg

Click for high res

2%20LR_zpspragrkzn.jpg

Click for high res

IMG_2170_zpsyoxpasjt.jpg

If it is a VF , now with that big defect it falls to the Fine range , so i will say F/VF because it still looks better than a fine - , or a fine +

If you sell it just mention it

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would go above a F. I'm going to keep it as part of my collection for the time being, unless I get one in a nicer grade.

My time of buying stuff off of eBay is coming to an end, I think. I keep finding hidden defects, plus people love to overgrade.

well that´s my opinion and i just have a listing at ebay with a similar problem :

An Avengers 6 that looks like a VF but has some little pinhole spine punctures , so i am grading it as a F/VF

Avenger 6

I have a similar problem with a nice Avengers 16 I just picked up. Otherwise it looks really good.