• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dormammu First Appearance?

21 posts in this topic

I think I came across a graded CGC copy of this issue on ebay and it did not say anything about Dormammu appearance? Can anyone from CGC confirm this..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To clarify:

Are you saying the auction description didn't mention it was the first appearance or that the CGC label did not mention it was the first appearance?

I assume it's the latter, but just to clarify.

I think I came across a graded CGC copy of this issue on ebay and it did not say anything about Dormammu appearance? Can anyone from CGC confirm this..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To clarify:

Are you saying the auction description didn't mention it was the first appearance or that the CGC label did not mention it was the first appearance?

I assume it's the latter, but just to clarify.

It was not on the label of the cgc copy.It's amazing the boardmembers have come to an agreement that S.T.#126 is the first appearance and OS and CGC not??... confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's the 60's British reprint of Strange Tales #126 that featured the Dormammu and Clea first appearances more prominently on the cover:

terrific15.jpg

cool to see a slightly diiferent version of the cover. an interesting "bondage" cover now..........

do you have any other copies of Terrific comics that you could post???

do you have any other copies of Terrific comics that you could post???

Just this one. No bondage this time, but still a nice classic Ditko work.

terrific34.jpg

Dormammu's name was mentioned in Strange Tales before issue #126, but that issue was indeed his first appearance. It's amazing to me that CGC doesn't mention it in their label or that Overstreet would overlook it as well.

Maybe it's his hoary hands of handu or whatever Stan could think up at the moment had something to do with it lol

It's by the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, silly - you are playing with dangerous forces beyond your mortal ken when you recite the incorrect incantation... grin.gif