• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When a piece you commission takes on a life of its own......

31 posts in this topic

Amazing!

I have mentioned before seeing that piece in places online but that is something else. Wow.

1. How did you find out about it?

2. Have you sent that image / link to Brian?

:)

edit: 3. Is there a reverse shot of that from behind the wall? The mind boggles. :eyeroll: (if it isn't part shopped)

Amazing!

I have mentioned before seeing that piece in places online but that is something else. Wow.

1. How did you find out about it?

2. Have you sent that image / link to Brian?

:)

edit: 3. Is there a reverse shot of that from behind the wall? The mind boggles. :eyeroll: (if it isn't part shopped)

Someone shared it with me on facebook.

I commented on the post and tagged Brian in it so he would see it.

I think it's very photoshopped but I haven't asked to see more.

[font:Book Antiqua]

This is now an article in CBR...

This is the Link...[/font]

Link...

Interesting...I'd love to see him give a shout out to Brian for the inspiration. It's not like he's hiding the inspiration or that anyone doesn't know where the idea came from, but it would be cool to see him say "In tribute to Brian Bolland" or something. That would be neat.

Link...

Interesting...I'd love to see him give a shout out to Brian for the inspiration. It's not like he's hiding the inspiration or that anyone doesn't know where the idea came from, but it would be cool to see him say "In tribute to Brian Bolland" or something. That would be neat.

Is he allowed to sell prints of it without permission from either you, or Bolland?

Link...

Is he allowed to sell prints of it without permission from either you, or Bolland?

I just own the artwork, no rights to reproduce attached.

Brian would own the copyright to the image he actually created, but the characters themselves are trademark and copyright of DC.

Also, this piece is work is photographic, and although it looks like the original, it's pretty transformative from the original 2 dimensional image.

Finally, he's only printed 40 of them. There are some exceptions, regarding art created with characters or copyrights not held by the person who created said art, when when the run is less than 150 that I won't bore anyone with now. lol

So, I don't think he needs permission.

It's like one of those "spot the difference" picture games.

-Jokers buttons are yellow instead of green

Very well done and super cool :applause: