• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any #2's that are better than #1?

32 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's "better", but a couple of my Spider-Man loving friends cite ASM #2 as their favorite issue. I agree with them that The Vulture is a more compelling villain than is The Chameleon.

I don't know if it's "better", but a couple of my Spider-Man loving friends cite ASM #2 as their favorite issue. I agree with them that The Vulture is a more compelling villain than is The Chameleon.

...that's the first one that came to mind for me as well. ASM 2 is a favorite. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

On the other hand....and this is just my opinion.....2nd issues that are NOT as good as the first are FF 2, AV 2, JLA 2, AQ 2, COTU 2, TOS 40, and JIM 84. GOD BLESS...

...that's the first one that came to mind for me as well. ASM 2 is a favorite. GOD BLESS...

I would've thought you'd pick a different second appearance.

....as in Hulk 181 lol

...GOD BLESS...

Um, no. Maybe I should've said "second coming" rather than "second appearance."

.....you get points in my book for that...... that was a most clever inference that I did not see coming :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

On the other hand....and this is just my opinion.....2nd issues that are NOT as good as the first are FF 2, AV 2, JLA 2, AQ 2, COTU 2, TOS 40, and JIM 84. GOD BLESS...

I always liked Avengers 2. :sorry:

Not to push aside the point of this thread but if we go to the 3rd Issue, I can think of a few books that had better issues than their number ones (possibly) Introduction of Loki in JIM 85 and Doc Ock in ASM 3 are pretty strong contenders. Of course ASM probably wins with its string of strong early notable villain appearances. Few other runs turned out some of there most iconic villains in there first year of printing.

Not to push aside the point of this thread but if we go to the 3rd Issue, I can think of a few books that had better issues than their number ones (possibly) Introduction of Loki in JIM 85 and Doc Ock in ASM 3 are pretty strong contenders. Of course ASM probably wins with its string of strong early notable villain appearances. Few other runs turned out some of there most iconic villains in there first year of printing.

LOVE Avengers 3!

Retch, No# 3 destroys No#2, Doc Oc for the win. Vulture is lame, a wrinkly old man in a bird suit. I think I will pass.

....as in Hulk 181 lol

...GOD BLESS...

.....you get points in my book for that...... that was a most clever inference that I did not see coming :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Thanks, but I'm an atheist (and tempted to change my sig file to match yours proselytization for proselytization!) so I probably shouldn't be in your book at all

And, of COURSE you didn't see it coming! No man shall know the hour, and all that, right?

....as in Hulk 181 lol

...GOD BLESS...

Thanks, but I'm an atheist (and tempted to change my sig file to match yours proselytization for proselytization!) so I probably shouldn't be in your book at all

And, of COURSE you didn't see it coming! No man shall know the hour, and all that, right?

.... I'm not the Living Tribunal lol ....I've got friends who are Muslim, Buddhist, Krishna, Hindu, Jewish, Atheist, and a few who just don't care..... GOD BLESS...