• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any #2's that are better than #1?

32 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's "better", but a couple of my Spider-Man loving friends cite ASM #2 as their favorite issue. I agree with them that The Vulture is a more compelling villain than is The Chameleon.

Wandering off-topic a little, but for me ASM #7 (2nd Vulture) is one of the early highlights of the Lee/Ditko run, and one that got me hooked on the SA run when I read it in Marvel Tales reprints in the 80s. The Vulture, Jameson, Betty, Peter/Spidey, lots of drama and humor intermingled. Somehow all the Spidey elements just click in that issue.

Ugh I thought AV2 was terrible :) I like FF2 though!

+1. I'm not even a fan of Avengers 1 tho lol, it has awful writing and let's face it, it's the first appearance of no one. Most over rated SA book IMO. Avengers #4 = great tho.

....as in Hulk 181 lol

...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Um, no. Maybe I should've said "second coming" rather than "second appearance."

.....you get points in my book for that...... that was a most clever inference that I did not see coming :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

:applause: That's a good one.

....as in Hulk 181 lol

...GOD BLESS...

Um, no. Maybe I should've said "second coming" rather than "second appearance."

.....you get points in my book for that...... that was a most clever inference that I did not see coming :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Thanks, but I'm an atheist (and tempted to change my sig file to match yours proselytization for proselytization!) so I probably shouldn't be in your book at all

And, of COURSE you didn't see it coming! No man shall know the hour, and all that, right?

:roflmao:

I thought the first one was clever, but this was even better! Love an atheist who knows his scripture.