• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ash vs. The Evil Dead on Starz (10/31/15)

141 posts in this topic

Interview: The King Is Back: Bruce Campbell talks Ash Vs. Evil Dead

Why go with a TV series instead of an Evil Dead 4?

Sam Raimi makes really expensive movies. Should Evil Dead be $250 million? Then make $13 million? We would be doomed. We would be out of the business. So the economics of doing TV are actually way better, making it week to week, and fans who actually want more than a movie every decade - the first three movies, one was made in the 70s, one was made in the 80s, one was made in the 90s, this is our fourth decade now of making these dumb shows - but TV is better for fans. You get way more, way more episodes. You can binge watch for like a week. Just take it all in. Whereas movies, they are randomly made. It's not like we were stamping them out. We never even planned on making a sequel.

Bruce Campbell Talks Ash Vs. Evil Dead Easter Eggs

Now Campbell reveals that Starz's new original series Ash vs Evil Dead will include Easter Eggs, like his alma mater and the actor's favorite childhood beverage which was/is made in Detroit, Michigan.

"You just have got to pretty much look closely on your high-definition television set. There’s a lot of stuff in Ash’s trailer that is similar to what we had in the past movies. There’s references to things like Michigan State University and Faygo Redpop!" Campbell told Entertainment Weekly. "The art department really went crazy making it s authentic as possible. I remember Sam and I walking through it and we were just blown away. So for the intense fan there’s a lot for them to look at. We’re also going to revisit — I have to be careful how I say this — but we’re going to revisit some things that are familiar, and the recreations are amazing."

r8cKSYpl.jpg

I laughed out loud watching this scene.

:roflmao:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Great show - no-one can quite ham it up like Bruce Campbell!

A few scenes were "meh" but on the whole this is right up there with 'Bubba Ho-Tep!'

Oh check that out if you haven't seen it - surreal!

A few scenes were "meh" but on the whole this is right up there with 'Bubba Ho-Tep!'

I haven't yet watched, but if it's anything close to Bubba Ho-Tep in quality, I'm on board.

I haven't yet watched, but if it's anything close to Bubba Ho-Tep in quality, I'm on board.

I thought it was better then Bubba Ho-Tep. While it had its parts it was just too hokey for me to really like.

I guess all have to try and watch it again.

See if you can see the Doll Scene on you tube. It should give you a good idea of the show.

Am I the only one who thought about GOTG collector's home, when all those creatures started squiming in thier bottles at the bookstore?

Also, who's the Lucy Lawless character?

At first I thought it was so cheesy , I couldn't sit through ore episodes... now .. I'm.....

Loving it!

It's definitely improved from the first episode. I nearly didn't get to part two.

I thought part two was pretty funny and it got me hooked a bit. The blood soaked dinner guests making excuses for their state was hilarious.

I think Lucy Lawless will turn up and save the cop in the bookstore. Seems pretty likely a turn.