• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Mercy from Image Comics

1 post in this topic

Kind of a misleading thread title, but I just read No Mercy #1 by Alex DeCampi, Carla Speed McNeil and Jenn Manley Lee this morning and thought it had some promise.

It's about a bus full of college kids stranded in a potentially threatening Central American landscape. No phones. No passports. No money.

The main cast is engaging enough, I have a feeling a lot of them are gonna change somewhat. The art is only decent though (think John Romita Jr.), sometimes rushed. I think it's the story that's gonna "drive" this one though down the road.

Being from New Hampshire and residing deep in the woods, I'm now stranger to opening the door at night to see a 400 lb. bear walk by or various wild animals (raccoons, deer, skunks, rabbits, possums, etc) stop by to play around the outside of the house. Add on the brutal New England weather.

So if you get a chance, check out this $3 book, where Mother Nature is the comic book villain.