• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Steve Purcell - published Sam & Max page

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

New to the forum so I'll double this post up as both introduction as well as my WTB topic. I've been on CAF for quite some time now (check out my CAF gallery here ) but never joined this board as I was only vaguely aware of it's existence (I know, the horror!). I guess this partially has to do with the fact that I used to live in the Netherlands (currently based in India for a 3 year assignment) and I've never had the chance to go to any of those great US based exhibitions so I've mainly been purchasing my art of fellow CAF-members as well as ebay, or an occassional Heritage purchase. Now there's one piece, high up on my wishlist, which has eluded my thus far and a friendly CAFer (does that work?!) told me to come over here and give it a shot. So here I am.

So what I'd love to own is an original Steve Purcell published Sam & Max page from the comics. I've managed to acquire a pin-up but the original comic page has thus far gone unfound. The only thing that I'd ask is that the page would need to feature both Sam & Max in a visible way. No specific issue, panel, splash requirements and so on. Just a nice page featuring the two heroes is all I'm asking. If anybody has anything on offer (or any suggestions where to find anything) please drop me a line :)

PS.

Though I'm currently based in India my entire art collection and portfolios is safely stored in the Netherlands and that's where the shipping would need to be to. I can pay through paypal and have been a pretty good boy online so far (my ebay username is eurion2).

Fingers crossed!

I was under the impression that there wasn't a lot of published Sam & Max art on the market and that Purcell had kept a lot of it. So, I can see why it may be tough to find something.

One published piece that I do have is a pin-up that Purcell drew for Steve Moncuse back in 1985 (when Sam & Max first got started) for Fish Police #6. No Sam & Max, but Inspector Gill and a Prawn (maybe his name was Max). If you're interested in it, feel free to drop me a line and we can discuss.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1156225

I was under the impression that there wasn't a lot of published Sam & Max art on the market and that Purcell had kept a lot of it. So, I can see why it may be tough to find something.

I must admit that I'm not 100% sure if there is a lot of it out there or whether Steve kept most of it. In any case I've only ever once seen it show up and regretfully didn't pounce on it then but I did understand from somebody on CAF that he does tend to sell every now and then. So it's bit of a long shot but you know, if you don't try...

Thanks for the offer on the fish police piece but I'm really looking specifically for a Sam & Max published piece at the moment. :)

No problem - good luck with the search. As I believe he lives in the San Francisco area, perhaps you can get ahold of him through the Big Wow show or the Cartoon Art Museum. I thought CAM had done a show on his art a few years back.