• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estimate the percentage of your collection that is Marvel, DC, other

86 posts in this topic

No idea really how much by percent in my collection. I'd say 40% DC, 20% Harvey, 20% Marvel, and 20% assorted - Archie, GK, Dell, etc

No Images in my collection :acclaim:

84% Marvel, 10% VALIANT, 5% Image, 1% "the rest."

Of course, I have less than 1000 books now, but when I had my high of ~3200, it was probably 50% Marvel, 20% VALIANT, 10% Image, 10% DC, and 10% "the rest."

:)

-slym

I haven't actually counted how many issues of each I have so the following is a pure guess estimate:

45% Marvel

35% DC

20% Dell/Gold Key/Whitman/Charlton

In terms of number of issues, the percentage for Marvel might be high as I'm trying to complete a high-grade run of Hulk #200-300 and Micronauts. I also have a pretty long run of reading copies of Daredevil and it's the only new monthly I pick up.

But in terms of money spent I think the percentage would shift heavily to DC.

85% Marvel

10% DC

5% Everything else

Take away the multiple copies and the mix changes. I was a hoarder of certain comics, especially Byrne X-Men and Miller Daredevil.

70% Marvel

20% DC

10% Everything else

That's a really rough guesstimate, because I really not sure what I have. All I know is that I have over 40 long boxes and many more comics scattered about in different boxes and piles.