• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

estimate the percentage of your collection that is Marvel, DC, other

86 posts in this topic

Marvel 50%

DC 15-20%

Other 30-35%

The "Other" category has grown massively.

Marvel has considerably shrunk and will continue to do so once I have time to go thru them and cull.

I can't see the DC collection ever increasing. Beyond a few Sandman books, it's done.

Patrick

I'll play.....

I have 99% Marvel and 1% Image....I only own 2 DC publications that I just bought last month to read. Being, Preacher volume 1 and 2. I don't think that counts for any amount of percentage. : )

As for Image I collect The Walking Dead, Outcast and just started checking out Red One...being a big fan of the Americans I thought this might interest me. I also own several Savage Dragon trades, 3 Spawn TPB, The Invincible compendium and the Hack/Slash omnibus that I have never got around to reading....not sure if I ever will.

I will say I rented all of Alan Moores Swamp thing collections from my local library and enjoyed them....they might find a way on my collection shelf in the future.

I went to the database for this one... Here's my top ten:

DC - 44.2% (13,660 books)

Marvel - 31.8% (9,824 books)

Image - 4.1% (1,265 books)

Valiant - 3.0% (925 books)

Dark Horse - 2.1% (650 books)

Gold Key/Whitman - 1.9% (581 books)

Charlton - 0.7% (211 books)

IDW - 0.7% (201 books)

Archie - 0.6% (182 books)

Eclipse - 0.4% (137 books)

Everything else - 10.5% (3,250 books from 389 publishers)