• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Risque cover artwork thread...post your risque covers here!

10 posts in this topic

Post your goodies up here.....Betty & Me # 16, Archie # 271 and the like ....

What I'd really love to see some risque covers that are flying under the radar, like the book pictured below.......

Here is a Patsy & Hedy # 47 that I got off eBay in today's mail.....MEOW?

Note that the pic is from the sellers' eBay auction and not a pic that I shot....I just don't want anyone to think that that is *MY* fugly sofa and shag carpet combo :flamed:

patsyhedy47_zpshg0mqzbr.jpg

Not sure if I catch the risque angle here... I think the "Meow" references jealousy. I could be wrong though...

It isn't risque in the sense of a double entrede...such as Betty & Me # 16...or Archie # 271.

...or the Wonder Woman, which JoeCollector posted a pic of....(which by the way, is pretty damn cool)

However, the jealous tone of the women gathered around a table in a typically sexist 1960's pre-women's lib/hippie movement, with the women depicted "chatty Kathy" style ,in conjunction with Patsy uttering a single word response of "Meow" to the scenario at hand

....I think that makes for a very eye catching cover.