• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"SILVER AGE OF ULTRON" AVENGERS #57 SILVER & BRONZE KEYS.. & MORE!

33 posts in this topic

hpu9rdo.png

Welcome to the Official Unofficial Prequel Thread to Joss Whedon's upcoming film:

GWYZz2Dm.png

The "Modern Age of Ultron" movie looks great, and I'm as excited about it as I am about the SILVER AGE OF ULTRON, which is just about to begin. The focus will stick with AVENGERS books from Silver to Bronze, and we'll meet a few of Ultron's "Amazing Friends" along the way, too.

All books are Raw, mostly Marvel with a few DC and Indie books of interest thrown into the mix, and the Rules are as follows:

- No HoS/ Probies

- First Come, First Served : First "I'll Take It" gets The Win.

- Best Offers via PM are Very Welcome, but aren't reservations without the "I'll Take It".

- PayPal payment only. Generally due within 48 hours, unless otherwise noted in the Thread.

- International Buyers are very welcome! Please PM me for S&H quotes. As a general rule, shipping one (1) book to Canada = $15 US.

USA SHIPPING:

Purchases $01 - $24: $5.50

Purchases $25 - $94: $6.75

Purchases $95 or more : $7.50

Please send me a PM for basically anything and everything you need or want or would like to ask or know.

You'll hear back from me ASAP, because as Ultron likes to say, "I've got no strings to hold me down..."

SFHeroBoyGreg

04 April 2015

My Kudos Thread is here.

5RunQ0N.png

5PDcF7W.png

Whedon's going to introduce this guy in his upcoming AVENGERS flick, but as the Official Unofficial Prequel Thread,

I figured I'd steal just a little bit of Joss' thunder. So, starting things off with this Silver Age KEY from Marvel Comics.

ROY THOMAS scripts and JOHN BUSCEMA illustrates "BEHOLD... THE VISION!"

THE AVENGERS #57 (1968)

SILVER KEY

FIRST APPEARANCE: THE VISION

FINAL APPEARANCE: ULTRON-5

SOLID 8.0 VF

$550 SHIPPED

s1m0e7h.png

zHmWBuC.png

Additional photos are available via PM for the seriously interested folks who may want 'em.

Offers are welcome, and immediate payment for this book is required. Questions, please shout out!

5PDcF7W.png

5RunQ0N.png

pMewp0sl.png

THOR departs and The FALCON returns to the team

while HAWKEYE gets a job as an overnight security guard in "WINGS AND ARROWS!"

THE AVENGERS #189 (1979)

JOHN BYRNE ART

GEORGE PEREZ COVER ART

9.0 VF/NM $12

UxOpdQa.png

K4XMEC2.png

5RunQ0N.png

pMewp0sl.png

JEAN GREY'S cocoon is found! (And she thought she hid it so well, too!)

THE AVENGERS #263 (1986)

FIRST APPEARANCE: X-FACTOR

JOHN BUSCEMA ART

9.2 NM- $07

JgoWX5w.png

That's all for tonight, but plenty more coming for Easter Sunday!

5RunQ0N.png

5PDcF7W.png

Whedon's going to introduce this guy in his upcoming AVENGERS flick, but as the Official Unofficial Prequel Thread,

I figured I'd steal just a little bit of Joss' thunder. So, starting things off with this Silver Age KEY from Marvel Comics.

ROY THOMAS scripts and JOHN BUSCEMA illustrates "BEHOLD... THE VISION!"

THE AVENGERS #57 (1968)

SILVER KEY

FIRST APPEARANCE: THE VISION

FINAL APPEARANCE: ULTRON-5

SOLID 8.0 VF

$550 SHIPPED

s1m0e7h.png

zHmWBuC.png

Additional photos are available via PM for the seriously interested folks who may want 'em.

Offers are welcome, and immediate payment for this book is required. Questions, please shout out!

5PDcF7W.png

5RunQ0N.png

^^

SOLD Via PM! THANK YOU!

5PDcF7W.png

Not trying to be rude here ...just helpful, the Avengers #57 appears to be trimmed on three sides?

In my humble opinion ...again just trying to be community conscious.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I was thinking the same. :(

Not trying to be rude here ...just helpful, the Avengers #57 appears to be trimmed on three sides?

I was thinking the same. :(

Tough to tell from the scan, I don't see any overhang on the top edge.

The spine looks touched in a few spots. Both red and black.

I wouldn't normally comment in a selling thread either, if someone hadn't bought the book I would have sent a PM, but as someone has already bought the book and the spine definetly has color touch this needs to be disclosed so the buyer knows what he is getting.

1/2" Red Color touch - from spine, left to right about an inch above the bottom staple

There are a lot of vertical reading creases that appear to have been hit with black as well.

Not trying to knock a sales thread either but does the seller guarantee this book resto/trimmed free?

Looking at this pic, notice the 1st inch on the far left side looks white, then right below it brown, then just follow the edge of the book down and watch the edge turn white again. I am assuming the OP did not know. I am personally an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and can not detect restoration. I will give the benefit of doubt.

I think I can see one red place. I would love to know how to spot the rest of the color touch.

I will delete this post if OP would like. I truly I am not trying to hijack a thread I just think it is interesting.

zHmWBuC.png