• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found couple old photos of my travels to comic stores

23 posts in this topic

Today I clean up a bit and packing stuff away for storage. Found 2 old photos from 1984-ish period. This is the store in Winnipeg, MB Canada - called "Comic World", I believe was that name. That was 30 years ago when I visited the store with my uncle back then on vacation.

The owner took me in a private tour downstairs to the basement where the million comic books were stored. Let me tell you... at age 15, my brain went gone overload from staring at so many 1950s and 1960s comics in the thousands stacked high - all raw! :o I brought about a dozen Archies and DC straight from there.

Wondered if the store is still there? (shrug)

Photos:

Winnipeg%20Comic%20Store-1_zpsqqmi33au.jpg

Winnipeg%20Comic%20Store-2_zpsgaagmcdw.jpg

That's Doug Sulipa's store before he moved a few blocks away, I remember going there quite a bit in the 70's early 80's. He just does mail order now

Yep, and Sulipa is great to deal with if you can get past his old school website. Great grading.

That's Doug Sulipa's store before he moved a few blocks away, I remember going there quite a bit in the 70's early 80's. He just does mail order now

Yep, and Sulipa is great to deal with if you can get past his old school website. Great grading.

Really - He's still around? Would like to see his website - please PM me the link, thanks

Really - He's still around? Would like to see his website - please PM me the link, thanks

PM sent