• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King and I

62 posts in this topic

Eyes of the Dragon anyone? I loved Eyes of the Dragon, I found it held some of the same riveting adventure and excitement as the Dark Tower series. The first book I read by Stephen King was Firestarter, I really enjoyed both it and the movie (and the soundtrack by Tangerine Dream is fantastic) I also love the Dark Tower series, I can't even begin to explain how amazing this series is without my fingers going numb from typing! Gary Busey in Silver Bullet was hilarious and the book itself (Cycle of the Werewolf) is amazing, especially with all the Wrightson art! I'm glad there were so many people here who enjoy his work. I didn't discover his work till college, better late than never!

stand by me changed my life as a preteen......god do you ever have friends like you had when you were twelve?Thank jeebus that I still talk to those guys that can quote that movie to me!

MymPapa and I bonded over the Dark Tower...RIP

I'm a pretty big King fan.

I'd say Carrie was my favorite book. The ending is crazy entertaining. Much better than any Carrie movie that's been made.

Favorite King film would be Pet Sematary. The book is kinda slow, and depressing, whereas the movie embraces all of the horror characteristics of the novel and makes one creepy film. It's definitely scarier than the book.

What is it about his writing that is so mesmerizing?

I enjoy a lot of authors out there, but Stephen King was the first one that I really became enthralled with.

Stand by me is a classic! I love adventure stories featuring a gang of children! Any Monster Squad fans out there?

What is it about his writing that is so memorizing and somewhat moving?

I enjoy a lot of authors out there, but Stephen King was the first one that I really became enthralled with.

Stand by me is a classic! I love adventure stories featuring a gang of children! Any Monster Squad fans out there?

Finally!

You better add the Goonies to that list!

I truly enjoyed Salem's Lot as well. The tv show and the movie, ehh not so much.

Any antiquarian book fans out there? I've been trying to get my hands on one of those "Father Cody" misprint hardcovers for a long time now. I've only seen one at a book show once, but I passed it up.

I'm currently actively searching for a minty copy of the elusive Cycle of the Werewolf hardback as well. I see all sorts of amazing books at the antiquarian book fair when it rolls into town every year, but rarely pull the trigger on books at those shows because they always seem a bit too expensive. I have stumbled across small collections of comics at these shows as well, but never anything note worthy. I do love seeing the rare HP Lovecraft & Robert E Howard hardbacks at these shows, but again... I'm always too cheap to pull the trigger on any of these purchases. Though I'm sure one day I'll give in and find a place on my shelf for these lovely pieces!

Goonies is easily one of the best adventure films featuring a gang of kids. hands down!

But Monster Squad is close behind!

Any thoughts on Super 8?

I actually enjoyed Super 8. Have you seen Earth to Echo, or Trick R Treat?