• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King and I

62 posts in this topic

As a comic fan, probably Silver Bullet..... but for a good read, I liked Tommyknockers quite a bit. Dreamcatcher was good, as well as The Mist...... so many..... I've never disliked any of them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

"It" was a phenomenal book as well until he blew the ending. So good up to that point.

.....also, I kept nodding off and dropping that big *spoon* on my face..... GOD BLESS....

The Dark Tower series stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Just reread the whole thing (including the interim episode published long after the series was finished) and it held my attention through literally thousands of pages. His magnum opus, and a work of art.

He was pretty long winded back when he used to write his own stuff ;)

Ooh! Did he finally perfect his Writing Robot?

He was pretty long winded back when he used to write his own stuff ;)

Ooh! Did he finally perfect his Writing Robot?

I've found his more recent stuff isn't as provocative. Maybe he's just hit the lull that all authors do that produce such volume. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a small armada of ghost writers cranking out stuff for him to approve.

Or maybe he just sobered up :eek:

Dang…and to think I thought this thread was going to be about Yul Brynner. :sorry:

..... I was thinking Kirby or Elvis..... GOD BLESS...

For me I couldn't put Misery down until I finished it. Best movie The Shawshank Redemption. 2c

Silver bullet was pretty good, I liked thinner a lot but I'm going creepshow or cats eye as my favorites and I like the creepshow comic to. Always scared me as a kid when it showed the cartoon ghoul talking lol

I enjoyed his early books. Christine was probably my favorite. I also enjoyed Misery.

Not a fan of his movies. His books are always much better.