• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King and I

62 posts in this topic

They sure departed from the Novel on the screen version of "Under the Dome"..... but I still liked it..... although it almost seems like two different things. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, they did. Sadly, a lot of King's novel to screen adaptations didn't quite transition as smoothly as I would have liked them to. I do enjoy the little cameos he sometimes makes in his movies though!

I never read Needful Things or Storm of the Century, but I really enjoyed both of the movies. I found them very entertaining.

Yes, they did. Sadly, a lot of King's novel to screen adaptations didn't quite transition as smoothly as I would have liked them to. I do enjoy the little cameos he sometimes makes in his movies though!

I never read Needful Things or Storm of the Century, but I really enjoyed both of the movies. I found them very entertaining.

.... I understood the need for some of the changes..... for example, necrophilia probably isn't a good fit for Primetime..... but at least they kept with the spirit of the thing. King has become so prevalent in modern culture that I often forget just how much he's done.....I had forgotten the Goonies and I love that movie. GOD BLESS...

There's something to be said for the movie Apt Pupil. Plenty creepy IMO

The novella was fantastic.

.... I understood the need for some of the changes..... for example, necrophilia probably isn't a good fit for Primetime..... but at least they kept with the spirit of the thing. King has become so prevalent in modern culture that I often forget just how much he's done.....I had forgotten the Goonies and I love that movie. GOD BLESS...

Can you imagine The Kid showing up in the Stand mini series? lol:eek:

I've often thought that The Stand could use a screen remake. I like the one they made but it could be done today in a format that would be so much more faithful to the book. Do it in the same format as Band of Brothers and do it right.

However, I'm not sure I can picture The Walkin' Dude as anyone other than Jamey Sheridan.

You are right, Jamey Sheridan played a great Randall Flagg. I enjoyed the four episodes of The Stand as well, but I too agree that a carefully planned reboot could do wonders for this story. However, I would much rather see Javier Bardem cast as Roland Deschain on the small screen before anything else. I'm still holding my breath for a Dark Tower HBO series.

Hearts in Atlantis was another great story.

As well as Secret Window, Secret Garden.

I haven't seen either movie, but I am sure they are awful.

Dreamcatcher was another great book. Awful movie.

Overall, The Dark Tower has to be his best work.

It seems all of his earlier books tie into that series in one way or another.

So many other great ones. It, Carrie, Shining, Pet Sematary, The Talisman, Misery, Needful Things, etc., etc.

I remember when I was younger, I would just pick one up every week and read it. Just going on down the line.

This is crazy. At the beginning of the year i decided to do shows full time and started traveling a lot more. A buddy of mine got me on audiobooks on he way to new orleans in january. We listened to the hellbound heart. Was as good as i remember. A week later i went to miami and listened to the thief of always. Always loved that book since i was a kid. On the way to portland, i started the shining. Never read it but watched the movie and liked it. Loved the book. When i got to portland a customer recommended the sequel to the shining, doctor sleep. He even dropped off an mp3 cd of the audio book. Listened to that on the way to Cleveland. Doctor sleep will probably go down as my favorite although i am now working my way through the king catalogue. Finished langoliers and the girl who loved tom gordon a few weeks back, both good, and am currently finishing It, which is also good. Like his writing style. He seems angry though.