• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom Art

33 posts in this topic

I started designing these for friends, and wanted to see if anyone else wanted one. I am hoping this is the right place to post this. I occasionally see an ad for logo design.

These are digital collages, each layer is a different collage, and together they form an image. If you want one, just let me know which comics, and what you want the theme to be. I can do multiple images as well if you would like. I am only charging $30 for the digital art.

If you want prints, it would be cheapest to print them yourself with the file.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I am working on a few right now. Those two I did for people who asked for them. I can do you a custom one if you want. It's easier when people tell me what they want as opposed to just making something up. If you can't tell, these people were deadpool fans. They are framing them and putting them in their comic room

Silver surfer…maybe with some Surfer origins and Galactus in the background?

What exactly do we get for the $30? Do you print them out and mail them or do we get some uncompressed image file to take to Kinkos and have them print it out?

Silver surfer…maybe with some Surfer origins and Galactus in the background?

What exactly do we get for the $30? Do you print them out and mail them or do we get some uncompressed image file to take to Kinkos and have them print it out?

Good question

The $30 pays for the high res digital file. Mainly, it pays for the design time. These take several hours to finish. I could charge an extra $10 to print them out, but it would be cheaper to just get them printed on your own to be honest. I can design them to any dimension you want if you have a frame already picked out. Just let me know. I charge $50 + for these on my FB page. The $30 is a discount for board members.

M

The $30 pays for the high res digital file. Mainly, it pays for the design time. These take several hours to finish. I could charge an extra $10 to print them out, but it would be cheaper to just get them printed on your own to be honest. I can design them to any dimension you want if you have a frame already picked out. Just let me know. I charge $50 + for these on my FB page. The $30 is a discount for board members.

M

Any suggestion on how to handle the folks at Kinko's that refuse to print out copyrighted images?

It's happened to friends printing copies of OA that they own.

This is a digital collage. It's an artistic reproduction of a copyrighted image....Seeing as how the images within the collage are used as a medium it shouldn't fall under the things they can't print up. This is the same as if I painted a reproduction of a comic book cover and went to have that printed. The comics...well they are the same as magazine pages. I know you can go in and print magazine pages.

I don't really see any way that this would fall under "copyrighted" work. Typically if the art has been altered beyond it's original state, it no longer falls under copyright. I know this answer is kind of all over the place. My customers have just never ran into this issue, so I haven't really had to think about it. I know that since I use the pictures as a medium, and never claim to have hand drawn all of the comics myself, and create an image myself even if it resembles one already made, I haven't broken copyright law. I have no idea about Kinko's policies though.