• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Defenders Thread - Netflix & **Marvel Spoiler Filled**

117 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Rodey said:

Yes! Another hallway fight scene!

But a well lit one this time!! I'll be able to tell who's getting punched.

17 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I like the latest trailer, looking forward to the show.

I think they did a fantastic job with this trailer, and the actors selected for these characters.

Now, let's see come August if the overall season keeps the same momentum going.

:wishluck:

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Defenders..I loved all of the Netflix shows especially Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.  The only down side is there are only 8 episodes..What a rip! We need at least 13 episodes. 
I bet the Punisher makes an appearance.  

The First Wave Of Reviews For Marvel And Netflix's THE DEFENDERS Are In, And They're Decidedly Mixed

Collider:

There’s just not enough of it to start, and it takes too long for them to team-up. If you thought Defenders would be a culminating chapter to the other Netflix Marvel series so far, think again. So far it feels like another prelude, and it makes one wonder if we’ll ever get to the main event.

Empire:

Alexandra feels like yet another businessperson baddie whose dirty deeds are hidden by sharp suits, while the ongoing, vague chicanery of The Hand (like HYDRA, but ninjas) fails to ignite much excitement. Indeed, the peerless Sigourney Weaver herself seems desperately bored by it all. Even so, there is enough joy in watching the sparks fly as these four alpha characters finally collide to make you feel The Defenders might just have been worth the wait. It’s a long-anticipated crossover series that delivers some engaging character clashes, but which fails — in the first half at least — to up the ante story-wise.

NewsRains:

While the show starts as something of a slow burn, once the heroes come together, it more than lives up to the promise fans have been clamoring to see realized. It may not be the strongest Marvel Netflix series thus far (that would be a toss-up between Daredevil and Jessica Jones), but The Defenders splits the differences between its leads, creating something that even casual fans of these shows shouldn’t miss.

We Got This Covered:

Although only half of the show’s eight episodes were available for review, the indistinct plot of The Defenders thus far seems like little more than a serviceable excuse to tie all four Marvel Netflix series together, as if the writers opted to revisit previously established plotlines rather than devise a bold new threat. Perhaps this aspect of the show evolves in its latter half into something more memorable, but as it stands, the characters and not the story of The Defenders are what truly make it worth watching.