• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Herb posted by john ivic

3 posts in this topic

For Me, He was THE Hulk Artist

Sad to hear the news about Herb Trimpe's passing. As a kid collecting comics in the 1970s, the Hulk was one of my favorite titles. I had just about every issue from 117 to 181, bought either as back issues or fresh off the spinner rack. (Too bad I didn't hold onto 181!) Presented here is issue 168, the first appearance of the Harpy and one of my favorite covers. What is notable about this issue is that it contains panels of a nude Betty Ross(albeit with her private parts cleverly obscured.)Wherever you are Herb, fans worldwide will always remember your renderings of the big green guy!

16582.jpg

See more journals by john ivic

Another great one that will be missed. He was to have been the featured guest at the recent Gem City Comicon a couple of weeks back. Many of the talented artists and writers from years ago are in their golden years. So if you get a chance to meet them make sure you do. Rip Herb.