• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cartel??

8 posts in this topic

Unless it's not an option because of geography, going to the LCS is cheaper than this. But the books get packed in some fancy shipping/storage thing, I guess. So that's nice?

Do the comics arrive in good condition? Thier website sounds like they treat them with tlc. Just hope it's not to good to be true.

I only ordered boxes from them so I can't speak to the conditions of the comics. But they are a very small shop and the guys who run it were very responsive to e-mails -- I was ordering a large number of boxes shortly after they opened, so I had some questions about shipping, etc. -- so if you have questions, you should reach out to them. I got every impression that they were comic fans who understood collecting and took their business very seriously.

The only real LCS near me is 80 miles away, so this service seems very tempting. It would be nice to have those fancy boxes to store all my drek.

Might do better to just pre-order from someone like DCBS or something to get fairly reasonable discounts but deal with the delay in getting them if you use the standard shipping option. I personally am not in any rush to get my comics weekly or bi-weekly, so monthly shipping (standard) is just fine for me. But your mileage may vary.

The only real LCS near me is 80 miles away, so this service seems very tempting. It would be nice to have those fancy boxes to store all my drek.

Might do better to just pre-order from someone like DCBS or something to get fairly reasonable discounts but deal with the delay in getting them if you use the standard shipping option. I personally am not in any rush to get my comics weekly or bi-weekly, so monthly shipping (standard) is just fine for me. But your mileage may vary.

That's usually where I get my comics from, them and Midtown. I'm just a sucker for a good looking box ;)