• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel Adventures #2 (2nd highest) & World's Finest #2 (highest graded!)

15 posts in this topic

Two really pretty books that I've owned for years. Time to let someone else enjoy them.

My Paypal ID is nearmint@aol.com. Checks/money orders also gladly accepted.

If you're on the naughty list, sit in the corner and think about what you've done. (tsk)

1st World's Finest (title) :luhv:

I wonder why they changed it?

I don't know if this is accurate - but Wiki says:

"Most likely the reason for the title change was that DC received a cease and desist letter from Better Publications, Inc., who had been publishing a comic book entitled Best Comics since November 1939"

1st World's Finest (title) :luhv:

I wonder why they changed it?

I don't know if this is accurate - but Wiki says:

"Most likely the reason for the title change was that DC received a cease and desist letter from Better Publications, Inc., who had been publishing a comic book entitled Best Comics since November 1939"

Seems unlikely. The title from Better Publications was America's Best Comics, which isn't from November 1939, it's from Feb of 1942, the year after World's Best #1.

Standard started publishing Best Comics in November, 1939 (but it lasted only 4 issues).

My mistake. Still, I wonder if the wiki entry has any truth to it. Would Standard/Better have cared that a competitor used a similar title a year after they stopped publishing a comic with that similar title?