• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does your x men 266 look trimmed?

19 posts in this topic

I took my copy out the mylite and to my surprise it lookd really out of line when i flipped it over. The back cover looks curvy, at first i was sure it was trimmed, but im seeing the same thing on other copies listed on ebay, does your copy look funny as well? Is this common?

Found.

ofatl3.jpg

I guess I can take back the "badly" part of misaligned, but it would be nice to gain some insight as to whats going on with this books cover. You can see the red strip long the top edge of the cover. I have seen a few other like this.

Anybody else know whats going on? I can put up a bigger scan if anyone's got a comment.

The cut of the cover artwork is off (UPC box so close to the bottom) so you are getting something else showing at the top that was cut the same time as this cover. I think there was once a thread here about what cover artwork pieces were showing on peoples badly cut books.

I had not noticed that. It looks like a similar color tone to the clay/mud along the bottom so maybe its the bottom of another cover? It's just weird looking at it because if you look along the spine its pretty squarely wrapped.

It's almost as if the cover was printed a little crooked then bound slightly crooked in the other direction. Not that the printer had any control over it.

I think its an ugly book though. Probably why I only paid around $80 for it. I say it would grade around a 6.0.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes that cut off is common with this book, I've seen a few where part of the title is cut in half, "THE UNCANNY" portion.

I was talking more about the back cover though, check this out.

This is not my book nor photo, pulled a random one from the bay.

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

See how the center of it looks like it is missing a big chunk?

I guess is common if CGC gaved it a 9.8

Had me worried though, think death strokes 1st app also has this problem.

Just took at look at that and don't really see how the center is missing on the back cover.

Anyway, I was looking at the cgc census and see there are only 13 9.9s and 1153 9.8s.

Do you think I should slab this? Would be awesome to get a 9.8 or 9.9

If is a potential 9.8 get it slabbed, more money to be made compares to selling as a raw NM/NM+ last i checked even gradee 9.2s were selling for more than NM raw copies, havent checkes recently though.

Ive seen a lot of ugly cut copies of this book. Yours is much better then some I have seen.

Yea when I finally grabbed my copy I looked for one that was centered and well cut. If anything it will differentiate the book from the thousands of poorly cut copies out there. (not that cgc counts that in their grading. just on pure eye appeal)