• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggest me some cheap bronze age comics

54 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to buy some cheap (no more than $5/10 each) bronze age comics. I am interested in great storylines from the past and I am not interested in getting them in NM conditions. Anything above VG would be fine.

I am a huge Marvel fan and Spider-Man fan in particular.

Thanks!

Most Marvel Team Up issues from #20 onward are fairly cheap. I was always a fan of this title, and I think it represents the Bronze Age fairly well due to the wide variety of characters that team with Spidey. Similar is Marvel Two-In-One with a great mix of characters teaming with The Thing. FF #160-200 had some good stories, and I'll also echo support for the Omega The Unknown series.

There's lots of good stuff you can find if you're looking for reader copies.

Mike Grell's Warlord #1-#15.

Mr. Miracle #19-#25 - Englehart / Gerber / Marshall Rogers / Mike Golden

New Teen Titans (first series)

Superboy/Legion #197-#245

Legion #287-#300 + Annuals 1 & 2

Justice League of America #138-#150 & #189-#200

Batman #343-#354 & Detective #511-#520 (Gene Colan & Don Newton alternate arcs)

All-Star Squadron #17-#30

Alan Moore's Saga of the Swamp Thing #21-64

Kaluta's Shadow

Aparo's Phantom Stranger #8-#26

In a few cases (Swamp Thing, New Teen Titans), the first one or two issues of the runs mentioned may be outside the $5-$10 target range, but not by much, if you're shopping for mid grades. (New Teen Titans #2 may be the exception)

Here are some other great bronze picks not mentioned yet, the Moore Swamp Things are must Have!

Miller's Daredevil run 158- 191 and I have to mention early Silver Age Daredevil 9-50

Warlock 1-15 Starlin's masterpiece

Early Defenders 1-100 and Giant size 1-10- awesome reads.

Claremont's X-men 94-222 Bronze run, most issues are $1-10 which isnt bad given the importance of the work.

If you are a Spider-man fan try The Spectacular Spider-man

An almost 300 issue run without a single issue of significance

I can't imagine a cheaper run

Web of Spidey is also a cheap (although Copper) run. Not much happens in that series either. However, almost that whole series, from a writing and artwork perspective, is one giant bleh!

Thank you so much for the great suggestions. This one in particular is interesting to me, due to my passion for Spidey. I read many issues of Spectacular when I was a kid, but I don't remember whether this was treated as a fully separate series or whether it was intertwined with the regular series.

Thanks!

what?? first cloak and dagger! first cosmic spidey! 1st miller Dardevil! that's three!! not to mention a zillion hobgoblin appearances if you have some sort of obsession with collecting every hobgoblin app.

yes, it is weird how they did so little in that title and as time wore on that buscema art in the 90s was just terrible

Omega The Unknown - classic Steve Gerber story taking place in Hell's Kitchen, only ran for 10 issues

I can’t even begin to express how much I second this. (thumbs u

And of course, skip the "conclusion" in the two Defenders issue published years after. The magic lies in the original series.

There are a lot of significant issues, with important stories. The Carrion storyline alone is a little masterpiece, and shows Prof. Miles Warren at his most degraded… :eek: – not to mention the White Tiger (first comic book apperance) and also some other storylines.