• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loose inserts that accompany comics, and slabbing

9 posts in this topic

OK, bear with me here, simple question first. Humour me: What are CGC's rules regarding loose items that accompany a comic? Should they be submitted with a comic that you are having graded? Where will CGC put them?

If you submit them, you may or may not get them back. Do not submit them. They will not be included in the slab.

Exactly! Thank you :)

So when I submitted some UK Star Wars Weekly comics that came with LOOSE free gifts, I did not send them. The free gifts are worth more than the comics, so obviously I didn't want to lose them.

They came back green label with a note that the free gift was not included. Fair enough, I guess you can only ever get these issues in green label then.

IMG_2845_zpsgjp4dlib.jpg

But wait! There are some on ebay that look like this:

_57_zpsp6go2ojs.jpg

So, the loose insert is just floating around in there? I could have sworn we were told never to submit with loose items! (tsk)

Hmf. Just thought I'd highlight this little inconsistency!

If you submit them, you may or may not get them back. Do not submit them. They will not be included in the slab.

Exactly! Thank you :)

So when I submitted some UK Star Wars Weekly comics that came with LOOSE free gifts, I did not send them. The free gifts are worth more than the comics, so obviously I didn't want to lose them.

They came back green label with a note that the free gift was not included. Fair enough, I guess you can only ever get these issues in green label then.

IMG_2845_zpsgjp4dlib.jpg

I suppose you could resubmit these with the inserts included. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze though

I suppose you could resubmit these with the inserts included. Not sure the juice is worth the squeeze though

They're 9.4Q. Not really worth my expense and time to ship back and forth just for a different coloured label, and at least this way I can still see the free gifts! Just a tad irksome as I was probably going to sell at some point and the green label will make that harder.

I thought I'd raise it as there appears to be an inconsistency of policy here, that other collectors could benefit from knowing about before they submit certain things.