• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 16 CGC 9.6 - did anyone else watch that one today?

5 posts in this topic

Gorgeous book.

Frankly, if the trimming is "professional" -- done well enough that the book doesn't look "trimmed" - it doesn't bother me (as long as it is disclosed.)

So, that only leaves the tear seal, which is a minor restorative technique.

I wonder how this book would have graded out before the resto... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gorgeous book.

Frankly, if the trimming is "professional" -- done well enough that the book doesn't look "trimmed" - it doesn't bother me (as long as it is disclosed.)

I wonder how this book would have graded out before the resto... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sign-rantpost.gifIt's really sad how "restored" books have gotten such a bad rap lately! They are still beautiful books that will outlast the years that they would have, had they remained "unpreserved". I sold a DD CGC 9.4 white that had a tiny DOT of colour touch and the book got about 15% of the blue label 9.4 price. I got $1225 for my book and an unrestord went for over $8000! I regret selling the book now....

I think "restored" books will make a huge come back! thumbsup2.gif

Gorgeous book.

sign-rantpost.gifIt's really sad how "restored" books have gotten such a bad rap lately! They are still beautiful books that will outlast the years that they would have, had they remained "unpreserved". I sold a DD CGC 9.4 white that had a tiny DOT of colour touch and the book got about 15% of the blue label 9.4 price. I got $1225 for my book and an unrestord went for over $8000! I regret selling the book now....

I think "restored" books will make a huge come back! thumbsup2.gif

Books with slight professional resto, I agree. But not trimmed books. Lots of collectors (including me) consider trimmed books to be incomplete. That was way more than I'd have paid for that book. I don't care what the apparent grade is. Trimming just kills the value of books.