• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.9 or 10 Modern Comic Share

81 posts in this topic

Great thread! I've only ever had one book come back 9.9, a Valiant Unity issue. Sold it because I didn't have much personal interest in the book, but it sure is exciting when you open the box and see a 9.9 waiting for you!

Great thread! I've only ever had one book come back 9.9, a Valiant Unity issue. Sold it because I didn't have much personal interest in the book, but it sure is exciting when you open the box and see a 9.9 waiting for you!

Did I buy it? hm

1174706003_1200.jpg

What's the difference between these grades? How is a 9.9 different from a 9.8?

Only God and CGC knows...lol

Let alone a 9.9 to a 10. I just received back 1 10 and 4 9.9's from my last shipment but they were all Widow's Web books.

Valiant high grade!

%24_57%2B(2).JPG

:cloud9:

Nice slab Dinesh! I don't have a single 9.9 or 10, but when I find one it will definitely be Valiant!

:golfclap: Now that is what I am talking about. Not many of these out there. All time favorite old school valiant book right there!

Did I buy it? hm

1174706003_1200.jpg

PRETTY! for sale :wishluck:

Is there a guide or a typical multiplier folks use for 9.9 values?

e.g. 5 x 9.8 value or 10 x 9.8 value

I am sure there are lots of variances but what is typically seen?

No good rule of thumb to my knowledge. You have to consider the census. Single highest graded or one of many. I think the ONLY way you should sell a 9.9 is via an auction. Otherwise it is a complete guestimate.

Thanks for tip, any other thoughts on this?

Is there a guide or a typical multiplier folks use for 9.9 values?

e.g. 5 x 9.8 value or 10 x 9.8 value

I am sure there are lots of variances but what is typically seen?

I don't think there is really a standard for pricing 9.9's. Some will go for double or triple what a 9.8 sees, some may be 10 x more. Really varies book to book..

In general 3-5x for a 9.9 and 2x a 9.9 for a 10.0. The most drastic changes to this are books where there is a single copy. On the low end if a title is not being collected in any way then a 9.9/10.0 won't save it.

This guy knows what he's talking about.