• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man, Issues #51-#441, Complete High Grade Run For Sale On eBay!

49 posts in this topic

I think on this site, people call it like they see it.

And then there are some people who act like asswipes because they get off on it. There is a way to be honest AND respectful toward someone while telling them that you disagree or don't approve of something they're doing (especially when they agree to correct it immediately).

As far as being compared to neatstuff, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

This is BS, Chris. Not a fair comparison at all. If, like just about everyone here, you've ordered from neatstuff, you know that there is no comparison. Neatstuff won't reduce shipping costs to save money. Asmfan has said at least three times that he's not only willing to combine auctions, but he'll refund the overage. If you or anyone else thinks that he's going to make a profit from holding someone's extra five (or fifty, if you bid on a big lot) dollars for a few extra days, that's just crazy. And then with neatstuff, maybe you get your books within a month, or maybe it's two months, or maybe three months later you get a check saying "Hey, we don't have the book anymore." (Happened to me.) I don't see any of this going on here.

And (worst case scenario, which people have to take into account) if you DID decide to keep, what logistic recourse would someone have since the shipping amount is stated in the auction and they paid it? What legal leg would someone have to stand on?

Look at his feedback. Does he have eight million negatives like Neatstuff does? Does his feedback strike you as the feedback of someone who will stiff you out of your money? No.

I think you may be taking some of this personally (based especially on your personal attack on comicsupply). When it starts getting into money, it's all business, and most people around take that pretty seriously. I think everyone would have made the same comments to anyone who had the same shipping policy as you.

Of course he's taking it personally. You guys are giving him a ration of shiitt for a shipping issue that isn't even an issue anymore, except for someone who doesn't trust him to refund the money. If you or anyone else don't trust him enough to refund the money he says he'll refund, then you shouldn't be bidding on his auctions. As far as recourse goes, you'll have the same recourse you have when someone sells you an overgraded book. You leave negative feedback saying he ripped you off for shipping charges.

Not sure if you were hoping people would be impressed and clap because of your ASM collection (since you've brought up again how "impressive" it is), but it will probably take more than that to impress the folks around here. Just my 2 cents.

What was the necessity of this comment? Everyone here is proud of his collection to some extent. What's wrong with that? Are you going to go rip into Jon Berk because he has nice GA books and posts scans of them all day long?

I don't mean to pick on you in particular, but I think this whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion. Asmfan's shipping charges were too high and he agreed to fix it. If his agreement to fix it isn't good enough for you, then don't bid on his auctions. It isn't like it's hard to find these issues elsewhere, every day. But for Christ's sake, leave the guy alone already.

and to ComicSupply, "oh great master of shipping", hear me as you sit on your mighty throne of plastic sleeves, backing boards and scotch tape. I will NEVER buy anything from you for as long as I am in this hobby. nuff' said! hi.gif

ComicSupply (Russell) is not a bad guy (although one or two people might disagree) and he runs some nice sales on supplies. I wouldn't let this argument get in the way of your purchasing supplies from him. His service on my orders has been good. I think you guys just got off on the wrong foot.

And then there are some people who act like asswipes because they get off on it. There is a way to be honest AND respectful toward someone while telling them that you disagree or don't approve of something they're doing (especially when they agree to correct it immediately).

I agree, there are some on here who are asswipes, but I still think people would have had the same issue with anyone else who did the same thing.

This is BS, Chris. Not a fair comparison at all.

He was compared to neatstuff with regard to his shipping charges. That aspect, before the sudden change, was accurate at the time.

Look at his feedback. Does he have eight million negatives like Neatstuff does? Does his feedback strike you as the feedback of someone who will stiff you out of your money? No.

No, but again, before you'd send 50 extra and unnecessary dollars to someone you've never even met, it wouldn't cross you mind, "What if this guy doesn't give me my money back?"

If you or anyone else don't trust him enough to refund the money he says he'll refund, then you shouldn't be bidding on his auctions.

I won't, trust me. I just don't like that kind of system.

As far as recourse goes, you'll have the same recourse you have when someone sells you an overgraded book. You leave negative feedback saying he ripped you off for shipping charges.

So how is a negative supposed to get me my money back? A neg on ebay is worth $30 bucks to you? Better to not have to send the overage in the first place. I'd just rather be safe than sorry, that's all.

What was the necessity of this comment? Everyone here is proud of his collection to some extent. What's wrong with that? Are you going to go rip into Jon Berk because he has nice GA books and posts scans of them all day long?

What's the necessity of 99% of the comments made on these boards??? It was just an observation. Not sure the necessity of the analogy to Jon Berk... I've never ripped into anyone for posting scans of their books on here.

I don't mean to pick on you in particular

Finding that a little hard to believe, but o.k.

With my last post, I actually had dropped it, but now I've had to respond to this...

was traveling last few days so I was away from the boards...

I thought about responding to this myself but figured this guy just wanted to argue. not sure if I could have done it as well as you did though!

thanks again! hi.gif

it's very nice to feel welcome here.

it's ok, I tend to have a short memory when it comes to things like this. forgive and forget and all that. my auctions are done now and I don't plan on running any more for a LONG time.

i buy all of my supplies from an ebay seller called Ms. Bliz anyways so it doesn't really affect things one way or the other.