• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF 67

7 posts in this topic

You can possibly remove ring in white areas with dry eraser

+1

That would make the ring mark pretty much invisible.....I'd also *lightly* go over the ring mark (and surrounding area) with a white eraser (in the yellow center inks)...done carefully and ever so lightly stroking the eraser over the rest of the yellow center portion to blend the cover inks...do this VERY lightly and uniformly, careful not to strip away anything beyond a negligible amount of the yellow cover inks...but try to get as much off of the entire cover with a sponge + absorene putty + sponge trifecta , first.

A bit of absorene putty kneaded on the front and back covers, erasing as needed....dry cleaning sponge along the spine....then humidity treatment with subsequent pressing....

Blue label 7.0 (thumbs u

Or, as is, I think 5.0 is what you're looking at.....but considering the nicer/ paper quality (off-white to white, it seems like)....I think it's well worth doing a bit of work on the book and having it slabbed.