• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics.com upgrade feedback please

63 posts in this topic

Some suggestions for the new site:

1). Have regular automated emails go out to your customer base announcing sales and mentioning items from your personal life...you know...like Chuck from Mile High. Tell us about the new tulips your planting or the benefits of using low grade mid 70s Marvels as composte in your new garden. And of course, don't forget to remind us that you are single-handedly keeping the high grade market going like Chuck the Martyr is for the rest of comicdom.

2). Speaking of taking a page from Chuck's book, throw in a couple of those 40%-88% off all back issue sales every so often. Of course, you can jack up your originial asking prices 70%-200% to compensate, but we're dumb; we won't know the difference.

All kidding aside, nice site Bob and congrats on the successful launch! thumbsup2.gif

Tell us about the new tulips your planting or the benefits of using low grade mid 70s Marvels as composte in your new garden. And of course, don't forget to remind us that you are single-handedly keeping the high grade market going like Chuck the Martyr is for the rest of comicdom.

I want to hear more about the seedy nightclubs comic-keys likes telling people Bob goes to in the New York area. gossip.gif Seeing pictures from one of those would be more fun than looking at the latest Pueblo pots Chuck has bought. tongue.gif

I want to hear more about the seedy nightclubs comic-keys likes telling people Bob goes to in the New York area. gossip.gif Seeing pictures from one of those would be more fun than looking at the latest Pueblo pots Chuck has bought. tongue.gif

Tales from the High Life.......

highlife.jpg

Thank you for identifying a bug in my bidding/won books piece of code. This has been corrected and if there is anybody else seeing strange things in their bids or won books when they are logged in please let me know via PM.

Couple of suggestions:

(1) On the page that lists individual copies for sale, identify the book by

year or publisher so I know what I'm looking at.

For example, when I click on "Other publishers" and then choose

Magnus Robot Fighter -- am I looking at the Gold Key books or the

Valiant books? Yes, I know I can make a good guess by pricing

or whatever, but why not make it crystal clear.

(2) Don't have entries in the vertical list of books (on the left side of the

page) for books that don't exist. When I select "Grading: CGC Graded

Books Only" in the pull-down at the top of the page, the vertical list

of books doesn't change. Yet when I click on them, most of them give

me "Our inventory for this title currently does not contain any books

matching your search criteria."

If I select "Grading: CGC Graded Books Only," why not change the

list of books to only show titles that have CGC books? Otherwise, giving

me the option of making the selection in the pull-down hasn't helped me

at all.

cheers,

gozer

------------------------------

OK, let's make a pact. This is going to be the best vacation

ever, or we'll all agree to disband and join other families.

I love your thumbnails Bob! But I am not sure this is the right place to discuss them...perhaps the thumb fetish web site would be more appropriate...

Or the three of us can do it at my house blush.gif

Note to self: Don't stay at Steve's house again......Ever!!!! tongue.gif

Tales from the High Life.......

highlife.jpg

Holy Moly! Bob hangs out with Tom Waits! 893whatthe.gif

Paul Litch and I love TW!

Just bought Coffee and Cigarettes, have not seen it yet!

BTW.....Bob, GREAT UPGRADE ON THE SITE! yay.gif

Posting page quality will be a "work in progress" as I get new books in and make it part of my data entry regiment. Conversely I am not sure if I need to post the page quality of books with scans since they can be read off the label.

I don't think you need to denote page quality for CGC books in which there is a picture. Only for books in which there is no scan is fine.