• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will take all the Box Office Cash for 2015???

70 posts in this topic

I pick Star Wars for two reasons--one, "Phantom Menace" took in more than Avengers when adjusted for inflation, which usually means it sold more tickets. The pent-up demand to see another Star Wars films put butts into seats in 1999, and it should do the same in 2015. Particularly since the old cast will be in it. The second reason is that Avengers 2 isn't likely to get the same critical reception that the first one did unless something about it makes it just as or more special than the first. Haven't noticed anything in the sequel yet that will do that from a mass appeal perspective.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the release date. Why is Disney not releasing Star Wars during the summer? Will a December release mean somewhat lower sales? (shrug)

Nah -- Star Wars will follow the Lord of the Rings template w/ December releases.

And yeah - Star Wars will smoke Avengers. Simple reason - it'll have legs for repeat viewings. I see Avengers 2 dropping off drastically after the first two weeks. Star Wars will still be pulling strong views around Valentine's Day.

Nah -- Star Wars will follow the Lord of the Rings template w/ December releases.

That's what I'm afraid of--Avengers beat EVERY Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie at the box office adjusted for inflation. Tough to say if Lord of the Rings would have done better during the summer. hm

I`m going with Avengers 2 because of three reasons.

1.The Avengers have less competition,while Star Wars has James Bond and Hunger Games to deal with.

2. Star Wars comes out at the end of year. It doesn`t have the time like the Avengers has to build overseas box office.

3. The bad taste of the last Star Wars Trilogy still lingers in many fans minds.

Avengers 2 for the win in 2015!

1.The Avengers have less competition,while Star Wars has James Bond and Hunger Games to deal with.

You're severely underestimating the quality of the competition Avengers will be facing. (tsk)

paul-blart-mall-cop-2-movie-poster.jpg

i dont think the new mad max will knock avengers off but many people including myself have been looking forward to this movie for many years

i think mad max will do very well.

i do think that avengers will make more money than any other movie this year.

ant man is out there also. dont discount ant man. if someone had came here and started a thread that gotg would beat out winter soldier they would have been laughed off these boards.

Avengers 2 is already taking a beating form the critics!

83% this early????

from what i'm seen and reading about Avenger 2

it's that they don't explain any about how tony is back in the suit? nick fury story? and some other things that happen in past movies. but it adds more to the future films.