• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: The Uncanny X-Men & The New Teen Titans

9 posts in this topic

Top of the spine BC could either be a production flaw or something else, and there's a white spot on the BC Spine at the top of Xavier's chair.

Both could be nothing. Very nice book.

I'd say 9.8 too. This looks crisp.

It's as crisp in the hand as it looks in the scan.

Top of the spine BC could either be a production flaw or something else, and there's a white spot on the BC Spine at the top of Xavier's chair.

Top spine is likely production binding split, which based on the other CGC 9.8's that I have shouldn't knock it out of the 9.8 realm. :wishluck: The white spot is a little color rubbed off, you are right. I'm not sure how hard they would be on that.

I did just notice however, that the centerfold pages have separated out from the staples and are completely loose from the binding. :facepalm: A split in the centerfold page going from the bottom to above the bottom staple looks like the center page was never attached to the bottom staple and the page has detached completely from the top staple.

Thanks, but since I am a newbie I am not following. My impression, which could be entirely wrong, is that a book with an internal problem like this would fall under a green label. Am I wrong on that?

UPDATE: I found some good info on green labels here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4421055#Post4421055

Turns out that the detached centerfold defect for this book is fairly common. There are several sales of qualified grade books listed in GPAnalysis for this book and there are two Qualified 9.2s for sale on eBay right now with the 'Centerfold Detached' defect.