• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you just finished collecting a complete run of Avengers.....

25 posts in this topic

now that...that's just wrong.

i think i shall engage in idle speculation...stolen or undisclosed restoration on a lawge dollar book that just left the marketplace

Truly amazing how an innocent new thread trying to help out a fellow forumite can get people interested. Come on Beyonder....really? crazy.gifgrin.gif

Who are you?

You posted about 3 weeks ago your run was done, but.......you don't have any of the Annuals, Giant Size, or King Size. If your planning on reading this run (and you did say you were about to).....

893whatthe.gif.your in trouble.

There is something you need to know. If you don't find out...

gossip.gifyou will be sorry.

(Isn't this just the greatest use of graemlins you've ever seen?)

Well.....except maybe for that great post Beyonder did about a year ago, anyway. mad.gif

I don't even know what a Double Action Avengers is. confused.gif

It's just that a few of these issues (he doesn't have) lead in and out of the story-line if he's planning on reading his run. He's got to know which one's to buy before he starts reading the run. I was lucky, as I had the one's I needed. But....if he doesn't have these by the time he gets to the issues in question.....it's not going to be pretty. They are key books and it happens right around the time the series really beging to take off.

Sorry it wasn't anything more earth shattering guys.

sorry.gif

Truly amazing how an innocent new thread trying to help out a fellow forumite can get people interested. Come on Beyonder....really? crazy.gifgrin.gif

Who are you?

You posted about 3 weeks ago your run was done, but.......you don't have any of the Annuals, Giant Size, or King Size. If your planning on reading this run (and you did say you were about to).....

893whatthe.gif.your in trouble.

There is something you need to know. If you don't find out...

gossip.gifyou will be sorry.

Well.....except maybe for that great post Beyonder did about a year ago, anyway. mad.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif I thought you were still reading the Dazzler's

Got a link? grin.gif

insane.gif

We know the difference between a collector3_3_6.gif and a speculator12_1_102.gif . We have come to realize that so-called ' flippers ' are really nothing more than troublesome middlemen, who insist on inflating our costs10_12_8.gif. We have seen through the guise15_1_114.gif, and now understand that the BSD10_3_10.gif ...is in truth...just the opposite.10_12_3.gif

Greed has infected this hobby4_2_105.gif, and comics have become defined by an admittedly subjective numerical grade. Value is determined by a final bid7_1_116.gif, and the new comic market is quickly being reduced to a production line of manufactured collectibles. Although the industry is thriving12_1_220.gif, the hobby itself is once again on life support.

With predictions of an inevitable MARKET CRASH on the horizon...I sit indifferent7_3_200.gif...my collection intact...waiting for

THE FEAR15_1_60.gif

to claim its first victim...... popcorn.gif

Great run and a cool post, X2 - are they really all yours? If so, what on earth made you scan and compile every last one of 'em? wink.gif

Nah, they're not all mine.

The "Director's Cut" of Avengers # 500 has three pages that include all 500 covers. The above post is just a scan (thanks, chromium!) of those pages.

headbang.gif

I *do* have every Avengers issue from about # 113 to present, though. (Minus the 13 Heroes Reborn issues, which I refused to buy on general principle.)