• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking about pressing and cleaning some comics i picked up for cheap

32 posts in this topic

The first time is always the one you remember most.

You are so right! When I was 15 a bunch of friends and I were hanging out at the beach. I was having a great day hanging out with this 18 year old girl all day,and later that night she says "let's go to my house" Well hell yes! That was the night I first saw a naked girl,and touched a naked boob. Foghats Slow Ride was playing on the radio,and every time I hear that song I remember that night with that girl. I don't even remember her name,but she will be etched in my mind forever. :cloud9:

Oh is this about pressing?

Great story. You're own little Dazed & Confused moment (Slow Ride always makes me think of that movie).

Where's my reach around?

i picked up a captain america # 6 the regular cover and variant for $5 both...they are a little dirty a couple of spine tics but i think if i clean them and press them i can get a NM- or NM out of them. i just need a decent company to trust and send to. I know people don't like pressing or restoration in that matter but these books are for me to keep. ITS MOFO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I'd just leave them as is. Graded, in 9.6 (i doubt with spine tics they are coming back 9.8s even after a press) is about 50 bucks each. The pressing fee alone would be $24 for the two books and that isn't including shipping etc. Then there is the cleaning fee, the grading fees etc. You'll have way more into the books then they are worth.

thank you for the info, I expected it to be around that range. I was also considering just leaving them as is but I they will come back possibly an 8 or 8.5. That's the reason why I picked them up for so cheap. I was hoping to at least bump them up to a 9.0 so I can display them next to all my other Cap America 9s and above

You'd be better off just buying those already slabbed in that grade range.

true, This is also something i wanted to ask for a while and see if anyone had any good input. So far i have got some great information and a wonderful story from oak.

You are so right! When I was 15 a bunch of friends and I were hanging out at the beach. I was having a great day hanging out with this 18 year old girl all day,and later that night she says "let's go to my house" Well hell yes! That was the night I first saw a naked girl,and touched a naked boob. Foghats Slow Ride was playing on the radio,and every time I hear that song I remember that night with that girl. I don't even remember her name,but she will be etched in my mind forever. :cloud9:

Great story. You're own little Dazed & Confused moment (Slow Ride always makes me think of that movie).

The 70's was a crazy time. :headbang:

Whichever service you end up using, be prepared to wait three months or more for the work to be done ... and that's not counting the wait for the books to be graded once they have been pressed. :pullhair:

That's not true on fast tracked books though, correct?

But I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth it on these books.

i picked up a captain america # 6 the regular cover and variant for $5 both...they are a little dirty a couple of spine tics but i think if i clean them and press them i can get a NM- or NM out of them. i just need a decent company to trust and send to. I know people don't like pressing or restoration in that matter but these books are for me to keep. ITS MOFO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I'd just leave them as is. Graded, in 9.6 (i doubt with spine tics they are coming back 9.8s even after a press) is about 50 bucks each. The pressing fee alone would be $24 for the two books and that isn't including shipping etc. Then there is the cleaning fee, the grading fees etc. You'll have way more into the books then they are worth.

thank you for the info, I expected it to be around that range. I was also considering just leaving them as is but I they will come back possibly an 8 or 8.5. That's the reason why I picked them up for so cheap. I was hoping to at least bump them up to a 9.0 so I can display them next to all my other Cap America 9s and above

You'd be better off just buying those already slabbed in that grade range.

true, This is also something i wanted to ask for a while and see if anyone had any good input. So far i have got some great information and a wonderful story from oak.

They go for $160 and $200 in 9.8.

In the $50's for 9.6's.

So, you were with a bunch of friends the first time you touched a naked boob...?

hm

So, you were with a bunch of friends the first time you touched a naked boob...?

hm

No we went to her place,she drove. I didn't have a license yet. I think I mentioned that in the story.