• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking about pressing and cleaning some comics i picked up for cheap

32 posts in this topic

i don't know if there was a thread done for this or not, but i was thinking about getting a couple of comics cleaned and pressed. This will be my first time doing this and i want to go to a company that is very reliable and is easy to work with. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated since you will be helping me out big time. :whee:

:ohnoez: A pressing thread!!!!

I am getting my first 2 books pressed and submitted for the first time next week by a boardie on here that I trust.

i picked up a captain america # 6 the regular cover and variant for $5 both...they are a little dirty a couple of spine tics but i think if i clean them and press them i can get a NM- or NM out of them. i just need a decent company to trust and send to. I know people don't like pressing or restoration in that matter but these books are for me to keep. ITS MOFO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

i don't know if there was a thread done for this or not, but i was thinking about getting a couple of comics cleaned and pressed. This will be my first time doing this and i want to go to a company that is very reliable and is easy to work with. Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated since you will be helping me out big time. :whee:

These Boards are sponsored by CGC and they have their own pressing service. In view of that does it seem polite to you to ask this question here ?

Merely reccommend the CGC service to him-that's what he's asking for-a recommendation

These Boards are sponsored by CGC and they have their own pressing service. In view of that does it seem polite to you to ask this question here ?

I see where you are coming from. But I send my books to CGC to get graded and pay them enough to do that. But I am also trying to find out who gives out a better and reliable service/price. If that service is cheaper than I will go with them. But thank you for your input. If CGC doesn't want to ask this question then I will kindly delet the post with a smile on my face.

i picked up a captain america # 6 the regular cover and variant for $5 both...they are a little dirty a couple of spine tics but i think if i clean them and press them i can get a NM- or NM out of them. i just need a decent company to trust and send to. I know people don't like pressing or restoration in that matter but these books are for me to keep. ITS MOFO CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I'd just leave them as is. Graded, in 9.6 (i doubt with spine tics they are coming back 9.8s even after a press) is about 50 bucks each. The pressing fee alone would be $24 for the two books and that isn't including shipping etc. Then there is the cleaning fee, the grading fees etc. You'll have way more into the books then they are worth.

I'd just leave them as is. Graded, in 9.6 (i doubt with spine tics they are coming back 9.8s even after a press) is about 50 bucks each. The pressing fee alone would be $24 for the two books and that isn't including shipping etc. Then there is the cleaning fee, the grading fees etc. You'll have way more into the books then they are worth.

thank you for the info, I expected it to be around that range. I was also considering just leaving them as is but I they will come back possibly an 8 or 8.5. That's the reason why I picked them up for so cheap. I was hoping to at least bump them up to a 9.0 so I can display them next to all my other Cap America 9s and above

The first time is always the one you remember most.

You are so right! When I was 15 a bunch of friends and I were hanging out at the beach. I was having a great day hanging out with this 18 year old girl all day,and later that night she says "let's go to my house" Well hell yes! That was the night I first saw a naked girl,and touched a naked boob. Foghats Slow Ride was playing on the radio,and every time I hear that song I remember that night with that girl. I don't even remember her name,but she will be etched in my mind forever. :cloud9:

Oh is this about pressing?

You are so right! When I was 15 a bunch of friends and I were hanging out at the beach. I was having a great day hanging out with this 18 year old girl all day,and later that night she says "let's go to my house" Well hell yes! That was the night I first saw a naked girl,and touched a naked boob. Foghats Slow Ride was playing on the radio,and every time I hear that song I remember that night with that girl. I don't even remember her name,but she will be etched in my mind forever. :cloud9:

not anymore.......i think your post was the most informative of them all.

What a cougar she was :baiting:

Whichever service you end up using, be prepared to wait three months or more for the work to be done ... and that's not counting the wait for the books to be graded once they have been pressed. :pullhair:

What a cougar she was :baiting:

:roflmao:

THE N00B GUIDE

I know it's much easier to start a new thread, but you can find a wealth of info here if you just put in effort and look for it. (thumbs u

thank you harveyswick. i will look here next time before i post, this is the first forum i have ever joined and i will try to look things up next time. i was in a rush with the wife so i did a quick post.

Whichever service you end up using, be prepared to wait three months or more for the work to be done ... and that's not counting the wait for the books to be graded once they have been pressed. :pullhair:

man, that takes some time. i'll have to send the books as soon as possible, but thank you for the info.

thank you for the info, I expected it to be around that range. I was also considering just leaving them as is but I they will come back possibly an 8 or 8.5. That's the reason why I picked them up for so cheap. I was hoping to at least bump them up to a 9.0 so I can display them next to all my other Cap America 9s and above

You'd be better off just buying those already slabbed in that grade range.

Great story. You're own little Dazed & Confused moment (Slow Ride always makes me think of that movie).