• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contest Rules

24 posts in this topic

Okay before we start, let me try to clear up a couple of questions brought up.

1 If a book is a 9.0, and I guess 9.2 and my opponent guesses 8.5 who wins?

This is the only situation the person guessing 9.2 would win because although they are both off by a grade he is alot closer number wise. Everything else is grade wise, meaning the least amount of grades you are off by.

2 If a book is a 9.0 and I guess 8.5 and my opponent guesses 9.4 who wins?

The person guessing 8.5 would win because he is only off by 1 grade and not 2.

3. How many questions can we PM?

Try to ask everything the first time. Alot of you didnt ask any questions last contest and did just fine.

Hopefully I will get a PM answer from the Players within 3 days of the start of a round. I know most work and dont hang here 24/7. This should be enough time.

Round 1 will start in a few hours, so if you have any other questions, please ask, so that everyone is on the same page.

You will be shown a front and back scan of the book. You will be told if its old/new slab and page quality. There will be NO grader notes.

Please no 9.5 guessing, this isnt a Wizard First contest.

i promise not to harp on this point after this one last post.

in the last grading contest guesses of 8.5 and 9.2 for a 9.0 book were considered a TIE. are we certain that we want to go with the more confusing rule of a purely numerical difference except in the case of the 8.5 vs 9.4 on a 9.0 book??

it'll really only happen on the 9.0 book, so i guess we can all remember it, but it just seems confusing/wrong to me.

ok, i'll shut up now and extend my thanks for you running yet another cool contest. good luck Old Guy........ thumbsup2.gif

No grader's notes at all? Or only if we ask?

All questions answered only in PM, or to the whole group?

Serial numbers covered up on answers (to prevent those among us who are collectors society members from checking associated submissions and being at an unfair advantage to those of us who are not collectors society members)?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I think that in the situation of a 9.0 book, one player guesses 8.5 the other 9.2, yes they are off by 1 grade but number wise the 9.2 should be the winner.

Everything else will be how many grades you are off by to determine a winner.

The other situation you brought up, is one is off by 1 grade and the other by 2 grades. Lets say a book is a 9.0, someone guesses 8.0 and someone else 9.6, the 8.0 would win being off by 2 grades and not 3.

Hope this clears it up some frown.gif

None and dont ask crazy.gif Hopefully you will see everything on the scans.

Questions answered through a PM

I found out about that last time, wont make the same mistake smirk.gif

I think that in the situation of a 9.0 book, one player guesses 8.5 the other 9.2, yes they are off by 1 grade but number wise the 9.2 should be the winner.

Everything else will be how many grades you are off by to determine a winner.

The other situation you brought up, is one is off by 1 grade and the other by 2 grades. Lets say a book is a 9.0, someone guesses 8.0 and someone else 9.6, the 8.0 would win being off by 2 grades and not 3.

Hope this clears it up some frown.gif

whatever you say bossman.......... thumbsup2.gif

whatever happened to Ultimatevenom???

did that last contest do some permanent damage???

Didn't you hear? They turned UV into a graemlin. This is what he looks like now: Christo_pull_hair.gif

thanks - quite understandable............

i promise not to harp on this point after this one last post.

in the last grading contest guesses of 8.5 and 9.2 for a 9.0 book were considered a TIE. are we certain that we want to go with the more confusing rule of a purely numerical difference except in the case of the 8.5 vs 9.4 on a 9.0 book??

it'll really only happen on the 9.0 book, so i guess we can all remember it, but it just seems confusing/wrong to me.

ok, i'll shut up now and extend my thanks for you running yet another cool contest. good luck Old Guy........ thumbsup2.gif

I agree.