• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Society: The Black Lake --- Written & Drawn by Drew Edward Johnson

7 posts in this topic

27872.jpg

Drew Edward Johnson's (Supergirl and Wonder Woman) creator owned debut is coming on 10-June-2015. The publisher is Dark Horse Comics.

I am a sucker for books written & drawn by the same person.

I never read any of Drew Edward Johnson's stuff but I look forward to this one.

[Dark Horse] Midnight Society The Black Lake

Thank you for posting this. After looking over the preview I'll definitely be checking it out. Love the art and DH has seams to be putting out higher quality books IMO such as Lady Killer. Is it confirmed it will be a continuing series?

Edit. Just saw 1 of 4 mini.

Thank you for posting this. After looking over the preview I'll definitely be checking it out. Love the art and DH has seams to be putting out higher quality books IMO such as Lady Killer. Is it confirmed it will be a continuing series?

Edit. Just saw 1 of 4 mini.

The Black Lake portion is a mini. I think Black Lake is the investigation into the loch ness monster.

From what I read on CBR, if the mini is successful, there will be more Midnight Society series with much of the same characters/detectives.

[bleeding Cool] Early Midnight Society: The Black Lake #1 Review

Johnson writes a compelling -script, and I found the art to be incredibly impressive. There were moments that I felt true depth amongst the pages, as if the characters were so close to me, close enough to reach out to. The detail amongst the backgrounds provided a realistic feel, despite the terrifying monsters that are involved throughout. If you’re a fan of horror-adventure type stories, I would definitely recommend adding this one to your pull list. Midnight Society: The Black Lake #1 is set to release on June 17th.

[/Quote]