• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the crash comes...

467 posts in this topic

Everything has it's time, I don't deal with many moderns or even the variants because after 2 months, the book is dead. By the time you get it, have it graded, get it back, no one wants it anymore.

The best comics to hang onto are the ones with no variant, polybagged or special cover. Most comics that sell for a premium doesn't have any of that nonsense. Does Walking Dead 1 have any kind of special cover? Nope. What about BA 12? Nope again.

I will say this though, if a "late 90's crash" was to ever happen again, I'll buy everything in sight, because then it becomes a buyer's market. We're in a seller's market right now and you can thank all these comic book movies for that since thats what pushing all this stuff. So I don't see it dying down anytime soon unless the general public doesn't wanna see another superhero movie again.

Sooner than later.

I don't see that happening any time soon, This has been going on since the early 2000's and many more films are being made, it's what brings people into the theater.

Define "soon"

Define "Sooner than later"

My main focus of collecting is silver & bronze age keys, and GA pre-code horror. I think I'm crash proof

Anything after 1963 can go up in flames for I care haha

<=== pre-fire Valiant donations accepted

My main focus of collecting is silver & bronze age keys, and GA pre-code horror. I think I'm crash proof

Anything after 1963 can go up in flames for I care haha

<=== pre-fire Valiant donations accepted

You can have them, I'll take the Hulk 181s, Iron Man 55s, ASM 129s and FF 48s

I know it is blasphemy, but I'm kinda-sorta rooting for Marvel to start sucking (starting with Avengers 2). Just sucky enough to make most speculators loose interest so I can buy myself some cool comics.

No worries here.......I would just buy more books cheaper :wishluck:

I don't even need a full crash........just to have the bubble pop on Walking Dead would make me happy :devil:

MOAR DEAD !!!

Hmm...I bought a TWD #1 CGC 9.8 a few months ago. I'm not sure I'd want the bubble to pop right after buying that book, but I do want issues 2-10, 19, and 27 in 9.8 so maybe I'd win in the long run with Walking Dead crash.... hm

Regardless, I don't collect for value. I collect what I like. I'm probably different than most collectors in that I've sold all my SA collection to focus on Copper/Moderns. The reason is because the SA comics don't have any meaning to me while Copper/Moderns remind me of my childhood and have a sentimental value to me. Therefore I collect the books I couldn't afford in my childhood and books I enjoy now. This way regardless of what happens price wise I have slabs and raw books that mean something to me.

Collectors will keep buying but not in today's rate. I think spending will be more spread out as there will be no pressure to "buy now or pay more later".

Definitely more sustainable and good for the hobby in general.

For those saying that superhero movies are untouchable, you can already sense some backlash against the genre in the reviews of Avengers 2. "Superhero movies" will have a limited lifespan as the media darling. In fact with the release of Avengers 2 it may have already started its descent...

No worries here.......I would just buy more books cheaper :wishluck:

I don't even need a full crash........just to have the bubble pop on Walking Dead would make me happy :devil:

MOAR DEAD !!!

Hmm...I bought a TWD #1 CGC 9.8 a few months ago. I'm not sure I'd want the bubble to pop right after buying that book, but I do want issues 2-10, 19, and 27 in 9.8 so maybe I'd win in the long run with Walking Dead crash.... hm

Regardless, I don't collect for value. I collect what I like. I'm probably different than most collectors in that I've sold all my SA collection to focus on Copper/Moderns. The reason is because the SA comics don't have any meaning to me while Copper/Moderns remind me of my childhood and have a sentimental value to me. Therefore I collect the books I couldn't afford in my childhood and books I enjoy now. This way regardless of what happens price wise I have slabs and raw books that mean something to me.

+1 I'm with you..........

either way I'm getting MOAR DEAD!!!

The fact so many people want a crash and massive price drop makes me think it's wishful thinking. Prices only go down when demand goes down.

True. Maybe what most collectors want is a simple market correction?

The fact so many people want a crash and massive price drop makes me think it's wishful thinking. Prices only go down when demand goes down.

lol

You got it all figured out. (thumbs u

lol

Don't believe me?

Just watch.

True. Maybe what most collectors want is a simple market correction?

Personally I just want to be ready. (thumbs u

lol

Don't believe me?

Just watch.

Gotta kiss myself I'm so pretty