• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-men #173 Blue Background Variant

92 posts in this topic

Can anybody post an image of this variant? I've been looking for one of these for a while, and I can't find one at all. Was this just a regional thing or a random printing error?

Thanks!

Keith

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Stick around, it WILL happen. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'll get a picture of it and post it tonight. I don't have a black X-men #173 at my apartment (my other one is at home), so I won't be able to do a side to side comparison. If I need to, I'll send another picture when I have a black cover version up here.

i wonder if Paul Smith - who i thought drew the best Colossus out of all of em, including Cockrum - looks at that cover and smacks himself over the wee Swiss Army Knife-sized claws he drew on Wolverine? I know I would if I was him, but that's because I am one petty SOB

i wonder if Paul Smith - who i thought drew the best Colossus out of all of em, including Cockrum - looks at that cover and smacks himself over the wee Swiss Army Knife-sized claws he drew on Wolverine? I know I would if I was him, but that's because I am one petty SOB

Maybe he drew them in the split-second as they were popping out (i.e., the rest of the claws were still on their way out). Do I get a No-Prize for that one? confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect it only printed the cyan plate during the print run, but will have to see it to be sure.....

I doubt it. Overstreet lists it as a blue variant, which means they must have some sort of information on the print process/numbers for it. At least I would hope they would.

Hey guys, I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I just went looking for the issue but I think I left it at home when I was there last weekend. I'll dig around my apartment some more, but if I don't find it here, I'll be home next weekend and I'll scan it. I'm really sorry about all of this, if anybody has a copy of the blue cover, feel free to scan it.

To describe it, I agree with the earlier post, it really does look like a printing plate error. You can tell that most of the colors are "off" , and its especially noticeable around the bottom near the signature. I hope that helps a little, and once again, I'm sorry and I hope to either find it this weekend or have it up the next.

Hey guys, I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I just went looking for the issue but I think I left it at home when I was there last weekend. I'll dig around my apartment some more, but if I don't find it here, I'll be home next weekend and I'll scan it. I'm really sorry about all of this, if anybody has a copy of the blue cover, feel free to scan it.

To describe it, I agree with the earlier post, it really does look like a printing plate error. You can tell that most of the colors are "off" , and its especially noticeable around the bottom near the signature. I hope that helps a little, and once again, I'm sorry and I hope to either find it this weekend or have it up the next.

Are we ever going to get a scan of this posted to this thread? It'd be nice to see the issue that this thread is all about!

Mike Browning