• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-men #173 Blue Background Variant

92 posts in this topic

I know that...Im not the one that started this thread gossip.gif The word variant tends to be overused. I will like the see the blue background on the book so if anyone has a scan feel free to post it.

I have been collecting every type of variant for the Uncanny X-Men series for a while and I had to take this book off my list as there has been practically no confirmation that it actually exists. The only copies that I came across are similar to what have been posted as a lighter shade of black, which is a very common defect and cannot be considered as a variant. I really think Overstreet made an error by listing this as a variant.

I have been collecting every type of variant for the Uncanny X-Men series for a while and I had to take this book off my list as there has been practically no confirmation that it actually exists. The only copies that I came across are similar to what have been posted as a lighter shade of black, which is a very common defect and cannot be considered as a variant. I really think Overstreet made an error by listing this as a variant.

Yup, not a variant.

Looking at my two copies of this book today. One is much lighter than the other, but the interesting thing is that blob on right-facing side Wolvie's mask. You can't make it out in the darker one, but on the lighter one, it's really apparent.

(shrug)

51914-wolvie.gif.99ea2a51cb2f1b2fae53ce0c5382bdbe.gif