• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you seen my comics? posted by Hepgwyn

13 posts in this topic

4 comics traveling west, missing possibly dead...

Well I was holding on to my post about the 4 comics I dropped off with CGC at ECCC this year until they returned graded. I was even showing remarkable willpower in not checking the grades in advance online. They departed CGC on Thursday the 23rd, they were last seen by the USPS on Friday the 24th departing Tampa for Seattle supposedly to arrive on Saturday the 25th... no updates on the USPS tracking site since then. I waited the required 5 days from departure before contacting the postal service and inquiring as to the whereabouts of my comics. I'm now waiting for the 48-72 hours to elapse before they promise someone will contact me. Trying to not think about all the bad outcomes and hoping the box is sitting somewhere unscanned and not, fallen out of a truck or a plane, crushed into dust or stolen by some comic book villains. Where's spider-man when you need him? Oh yeah getting re-booted.

See more journals by Hepgwyn

its registered mail right? for some reason, the registered mail sometimes shows up as priority in the system, and has an earlier arrival date listed than is reasonable. registered mail isn't going florida-seattle in two days. I would say 7-10 business days would be plausible.

don't worry

At least you were smart enough not to look at the grades online as you can never count your chickens before they hatch , I never consider anything a done deal until the CGC box is safely inside my house and even then I hope there will not be any cracked slabs inside

Thanks all,

That does make me feel better.

I wonder why the post office can't tell from their own system that it's not really priority mail and have to go through all the trouble of having people like me harass them.

It takes about 10 days to NY with USPS Registered Mail. I was told that it is because all registered mail is locked up each night at whatever location it is at.

James

Yup... what I've experienced as well!