• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Frankenbook

41 posts in this topic

It seems like this is going to be an ongoing project for me, since I found a copy of Dr. Strange's third appearance in Strange Tales #114 last week on eBay that looked pretty battered. I got it for $22 including shipping and figured it would be a prime candidate for another Frankenbook. The cover was hanging on by a thread, and it was marked on the logo by that ugly newsstand pen:

114beater.jpg

Once again I made my own cover, featuring the Doc story. Now I know a lot of Captain America fans might think this is sacrilege, since this issue marks the first Silver Age appearance of Cap (it pre-dated Avengers #4). Still, for those who don't know, it's only The Human Torch villain The Acrobat DRESSED UP like Captain America, so don't get too upset. Here's my new version:

hh114.jpg

Finally got around to taking some photos of the final comic with the new cover attached:

hh110photos.jpg

Just read the first Dr. Strange story from ST #110 yesterday. It was reprinted in Marvel Collectors Item Classics #3. thumbsup2.gif

1686_4_03.jpg

Any new Frankenbooks?

Finally got around to taking some photos of the final comic with the new cover attached:

hh110photos.jpg

Just read the first Dr. Strange story from ST #110 yesterday. It was reprinted in Marvel Collectors Item Classics #3. thumbsup2.gif

I just got my first copy of ST 110 two weeks ago.

Beat-up reader but still thumbsup2.gif !

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS ERIK!

I'll send you a disc of all the covers soon, and let you know when I put them up on my website. Of course I'd be honored if The DSSS website would put them up too! I've done up to issue #121 so far, and am just waiting for #116 and #122 to come in the mail before I post anything else...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32731&item=6539896925

I think this one is a prime non-Dr. Strange one -- the cover features neither galactus nor the silver surfer. a prior owner was clever enough to make their own cover, but wasn't terribly creative.

Just look at those sharp corners, looks like it was just printed a few years ago (and it probably was).