• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this Book Trimmed and Did CGC Miss It?

9 posts in this topic

I just bought this CGC 9.8 comic off of eBay.

The bottom right corner appears trimmed to me, or is it just a production defect/mis-cut? I've looked at it very closely and the indent is not due to SCS. It is not folded or bent. It just appears to be cut at a jagged angle, which seems odd for a production defect.

As it got a 9.8 from CGC, I would hope that CGC saw the strange cut and did not feel it was trimmed, or it would have been noted, but who knows...

What do you think? I still have time to return it. Thanks.

trimmed%202_zpsaf2mgrie.jpg

trimmed%201_zpspqieumjy.jpg

It's a miscut from the factory - happens from time to time. It's not a trim.

It does appear as a factory miscut -- a sudden horizontal shift in the book or blade as it cut.

It does appear as a factory miscut -- a sudden horizontal shift in the book or blade as it cut.

And this issue is notoriously miscut.

I'd return it because it doesn't look like a NM/M comic book with that miscut, regardless of the grade CGC has chosen to give it, but then I'm not the market for slabbed 9.8s.

And this issue is notoriously miscut.

Yes, I have a 2 copies of this issue and both have 3 small vertical cuts on the bottom of the cover...I am afraid to get them graded even though it is a production error.

I'd return it because it doesn't look like a NM/M comic book with that miscut, regardless of the grade CGC has chosen to give it, but then I'm not the market for slabbed 9.8s.

Yeah, you definitely got the runt of the CGC 9.8 litter with that one.