• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars: Which Titles You Picking Up?

166 posts in this topic

So, the FF are going to spend eternity creating universes/planets?

Or until Marvel gets the movie rights back. Issue #9 was awful and I wish I didn't believe the hype.

Jim

The universe reset ended up being a very very soft reset that basically allowed them to reshuffle a few more popular characters from other universes and get them into the main universe. It seemed also a way to get rid of the Ultimate universe and keep some of the continuity. Really issue 9 seemed like a copout, and was dull.

So, the FF are going to spend eternity creating universes/planets?

Or until Marvel gets the movie rights back. Issue #9 was awful and I wish I didn't believe the hype.

Jim

The universe reset ended up being a very very soft reset that basically allowed them to reshuffle a few more popular characters from other universes and get them into the main universe. It seemed also a way to get rid of the Ultimate universe and keep some of the continuity. Really issue 9 seemed like a copout, and was dull.

In some way, I am relieved. It still gives me hope, as I always thought it did not make sense for Marvel to have "universes".

On the other hand, I would really hope the necessary commercial element would stop overshadowing the few straggles and remnants of the vision and spirit of the Marvel age, leading to abominations often done in the name of "political correctness" or the need to follow an expected (?) stance.

Marvel, let writers do their work, and just recover the meaning of what you have been doing so excellently (more than often) for thirty years. :(

not sure they needed another issue for that......will be nice when the FF decides to go back to Earth. I guess we won't see them again until there's a resolution with the property rights.

I can’t wait to read Secret Wars (in a few days) to see the assumedly mediocre show of imagination and know about the FF… :D