• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars: Which Titles You Picking Up?

166 posts in this topic

Convergence was a bust for me story wise but very much looking fwd to the Secret Wars series and the creative teams/stories they have running.

There's a lot to wade through, anything on your guys radars as a can't miss? I'd rather not just buy every #1 as I did with Convergence which burned me badly, not from a $ standpoint as much as a complete story let down.

Not really sure.. Will probably dabble a bit in everything.

I've actually liked Convergence and the side stories. My expectations were low, but they're entertaining. I'm curious to see where they go with Warlord in the story.

Anyhow, not to derail from Secret Wars. Definitely the SpiderMan title... Deadpool... Old man Logan...

I know a lot of people hate the idea of this event, but this gives marvel a ton of trades to sell after it's over. Trades are a great way to get new readers imo. That being said, the books that I'm looking forward to are

Deadpool's secret secret wars

Planet hulk( devil dinosaur?! )

infinity gauntlet

spiderverse

X-men 92

I know a lot of people hate the idea of this event, but this gives marvel a ton of trades to sell after it's over. Trades are a great way to get new readers imo. That being said, the books that I'm looking forward to are

Deadpool's secret secret wars

Planet hulk( devil dinosaur?! )

infinity gauntlet

spiderverse

X-men 92

I don't see why this event is getting that much hate when you look at the Creative Teams they have on these books they are top rank (compared to a lot of the Convergence ones, or even standard Mainstream teams) and they seem to really let them go wild with pitches. I think they said at a panel most of everything pitched was greenlit from the Secret Wars Marvel Summit.

I'll probably pull the main title and whatever the Spidey book is that comes out. This will be the first Marvel Event I've pulled since Secret Invasion which I dropped about halfway through, I believe.

I'm really hoping Marvel brings back the marriage and then puts Miles in the 616 Universe. It'd be money if they did, IMO.

Only Deadpool and Old Man Logan in quantity, but I will maybe only read Old Man Logan. I buy Deadpool books to flip, not read. lol

Old Man Logan coming back?

I'll probably pull the main title and whatever the Spidey book is that comes out. This will be the first Marvel Event I've pulled since Secret Invasion which I dropped about halfway through, I believe.

I'm really hoping Marvel brings back the marriage and then puts Miles in the 616 Universe. It'd be money if they did, IMO.

Yup all the arguments about the marriage aging Spidey go out the window with Teen Miles swinging around the city.

Just picked up a Blank variant of Secret Wars 1 and the inside cover is a virgin variant of the normal cover. Is this an unannounced variant? Don't most blanks have a regular cover? Should I got pick up more before people figure it out, or is this already known?

IivnKJzl.jpg

c1qTQ2tl.jpg