• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

Good god, what TF happened to Larsen???

s_l1600_2.jpg

What the hell is that!?

1. He even inked that, so there's no one else to blame

2. I never liked Larsen personally, this doesn't look 'that bad' for him in my opinion

No definition in the coloring, but I don't mind the pencils.

s_l1600_2.jpg

What the hell is that!?

2. I never liked Larsen personally, this doesn't look 'that bad' for him in my opinion

Sounds like if someone else had inked it, it may not have made this thread!

secret wars # 7 Del Otto giant pe-nis variant

s_l1600_3.jpg

I respectfully disagree. Im not a dell 'otto fanboy, but I think that one was done really well. But to each his/her own. (thumbs u

I also think this was done well. Just, uh, bad placement of anti-venom

The reason why this is so hilarious is BECAUSE its well done. I think if this was a bad drawing no one would notice the... elephant in the room

s_l1600_2.jpg

What the hell is that!?

It looks like Klaus Janson inked it.. Although the credits dont mention him BUT he did ink the interior book

s_l1600_2.jpg

What the hell is that!?

It looks like Klaus Janson inked it.. Although the credits dont mention him BUT he did ink the interior book

I mean, I am just going by looking at it, so I could be wrong... but I don't think Janson inked that.

That may be the worst thing I've ever seen.

It deserves to exist in the thread as an image.

s-l1600.jpg

Jesus. When I saw this cover, I actually thought it was a joke. I just.....don't get it....on any level. I've heard Miller's health has been an issue, so did he draw this on some sort of substance??? All I can think is that he really needed his painkillers for a time--even throughout some deadlines.

This is for me, by far, the absolute worst specimen of cover art I think I've ever seen.

--Funny thing is, no one wants it---in 10 years...and perhaps after Miller passes away, this will be a huge piece to own.......but a piece of what???

s-l1600.jpg

Jesus. When I saw this cover, I actually thought it was a joke. I just.....don't get it....on any level. I've heard Miller's health has been an issue, so did he draw this on some sort of substance??? All I can think is that he really needed his painkillers for a time--even throughout some deadlines.

This is for me, by far, the absolute worst specimen of cover art I think I've ever seen.

--Funny thing is, no one wants it---in 10 years...and perhaps after Miller passes away, this will be a huge piece to own.......but a piece of what???

No, this isn't something anyone will ever want. Not for the cover anyway, it's pretty bad. Sometimes you just wish the ones you respect retired gracefully, but it doesn't always happen that way.

s-l1600.jpg

No, this isn't something anyone will ever want. Not for the cover anyway, it's pretty bad. Sometimes you just wish the ones you respect retired gracefully, but it doesn't always happen that way.

I agree with you completely! ....BUT...the contrarian in me says something else---perhaps more of a; "comic legend takes things to the extreme" kinda thingy--almost along the lines of: "I personally have the ugliest cover in mainstream comics in history right here"----this almost begs someone to start said contest and cash-in on these horrible, horrible covers.....

s_l1600_2.jpg

What the hell is that!?

I mean, I am just going by looking at it, so I could be wrong... but I don't think Janson inked that.

JRJR is the reason I am having problems reading the first arc of All-Star Batman. I want to like it because Snyder and the upcoming Jock art, but damn those early books are rough from an art standpoint.

ASBM-Cv1-JrJr-var-ac97f.jpg

I mean , look at that cover. His killer Crock looks like a 12 year old drew it.

unknown-1.jpeg

Edited by drotto