• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caption contest anyone: Spike Mulligan #?

45 posts in this topic

Yes, I realize there are only 25 people around here who even know what this is.... but that does not stop the energy and creative power that flows through the members of this message board from being crazy funny and or interesting/ irreverant/ idiotic/and/or idealistic. So even if you have no idea at all who or what Spike Mulligan is..... feel free to post a caption or two.

Here is the artwork. It's by Spike Mulligan cover artist Jack DIckason and it may not become a cover....but it will at minimum become a printed interior page with details of the contest mentioned. You boardies here are the only contributors to this contest....so somebody (or 4) are gonna get a mention in a future issue of Spike.

Just photo shop your words into the word balloon spaces on this piece of artwork and post them here... or type your ideas into a post with space #1 (top) and space #2 (bottom) for me to figure out what is being said....

space #1 -

space #2-

spike%20cover%20by%20jack_0001_zpsh22nne3d.jpg

and now for the prizes !! Winner will receive this brand new, awesome, amazing and even inspiring Portland Trailblazers baseball cap (think Clyde Drexler or even...... God help us.... Bill Walton :grin: ) ...... unless you are up to speed on NBA stuff and know who Damian Lillard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez, Arron Affalo,...... Batum, Matthews, or Kaman are....

plus a collectors bottle of Hop'nsteins Monster Oregon brew..... which is suitable for displaying ;)

001%202_zpsfmdde2k4.jpg

Even if you don't wanna win any of the prizes... but just wanna say something ...... go for it !! You might win

Caption:

THOR HAS HIS HAMMER!!

AND I HAVE MINE!!!

Spot one:Where the heck are Jimmers and that Porcupine army!?he said there where 48 Of them to help!

Spot 2 We need Dave and his Oak mobile!!!Kevin J and him can help SAVE THE DAY!

They have the SENORMAC! :slapfight:

I'M SPIKE MULLIGAN!

AND I'M HERE TO DROP THE HAMMER!

I'M SPIKE MULLIGAN!

AND I'M HERE TO DROP THE HAMMER!

Spike is friggin awesome.Get yours while,if,there are anything available.comes with an imaginary,invisible limited edition porcupine quill.some lucky folks may get double orders of this imaginary quill offer!hurry now!Not responsible for lack of imagination.

But this comic is awesome and you will be proud to own it.

If you gang dont know already,i am like 100% plus behind this awesome comic.it rules.it is whatever the kids say that means cool.you should love it too.because it is good.and Senormac is fantastic for doing something so great.And beer.beer.and comics.and cause I said. :sumo:

Space one: Who here wants to go to Voo Doo Doughnuts.

Space two: Then we'll hit up the Green Dragon on the way back.