• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello from new member

26 posts in this topic

Welcome - One good thing about collecting ECs is that they are plentiful compared to other pre-code comics. Also mid-grade copies don't seem to have increased any more than the rate of inflation over the last 30 years. I don't have an early 80s guide handy, but if you sold 170 fine or better ECs in the early 80s for $2000 - I'm guessing that was a best a third of guide - not surprising as I remember having to drop some Human Torch and More Fun books I was selling to about 55% of guide before I found a buyer - The early 80s must have been slow times for Golden Age.

Best of luck replenishing your collection. Paull is right - there are alot of great pre-code books that don't say EC on the cover- check them out if you haven't already. What is your favorite EC title?

I won't try to over post.

Almost impossible in the GA section! grin.gif

Oh yeah? (see how easy it is... poke2.gif)

And hey jeffb, welcome to the boards. Look forward to hearing more about your collection. Nice website you're putting together there, too. I'm also a fan of "documenting" my collection.

His name is jeFFB? I am going to sue for copyright infringement!!! frustrated.gif

Just kidding. Welcome to the boards, Jeff! 893applaud-thumb.gif And post as much as you feel like.

Best of luck replenishing your collection. Paull is right - there are alot of great pre-code books that don't say EC on the cover- check them out if you haven't already. What is your favorite EC title?

Favorite EC title, hum? Well I seem to be "into" the Science titles right at the moment, but mainly interested in the Crime, Horror, and Science.

I had a new EC horror purchase arrive today, and will post in a bit, HOOHAH!

Boege